Help with heads up play

B

bachfonic

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am always getting beat heads up . I do fine 3 handed . It is same for cash games too, but I just sit out . Can not do that in tourney . Any videos or books to help me out. Thanks :confused:

forrow10

forrow10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am still learning but an agressive-loose style seems to work fine at heads up. Try to increase your average range game if you play tight. Probably more experienced player give better ideas :D

NickeLine22

NickeLine22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play with a wider range of hands. The optimal raise 2-2.5BB. If opponent reraises - fold.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HU not just wide range. Almost entire range like 95% of hole cards. Ace or even King high is good showdown

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same problem, I lose the 75-80% of tourney FT heads ups.... last few times, I played allin - fold, I want to see it in longer run, but, I hope the 50-50% at least will stand with that, that is an improvement for me, already. Unfortunately, it does not work with deepstack heads up, but under 30 BB, it was okay....

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing headsup you should know that it should always be loose. Play with your hand in mind and when in position for action at the table.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am always getting beat heads up . I do fine 3 handed . It is same for cash games too, but I just sit out . Can not do that in tourney . Any videos or books to help me out. Thanks :confused:

I was in the same spot as you were until I read the book below. It took a lot of work and I played 100,s of heads up SNG to get it figured out but it worked for me. Good luck.

Heads-Up No-Limit Hold 'em Perfect by Collin Moshman (Author)

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HU not just wide range. Almost entire range like 95% of hole cards. Ace or even King high is good showdown

I think this is it.

Other than things like 72, 93, ect. Just about every hand is playable, usually you are 60/40 and the winner is determined by who hits and who is more aggressive.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
First you have to have an account that the tournament strategy is not the same as with cash and in the final confrontation the best is the strategy of defending and choosing well the hands with which you will play the most recommended are the connectors for the ladder and the high hands

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many strategies and tactics for playing one-on-one, but most importantly, you must remember that this is the pinnacle of poker! That is the most difficult thing! And only a few people know this art!