Help with my game

W

wingman373

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would consider myself a decent poker player. been playing no limit hold em for about 2 years now.

I break even online, mostly playing mtts. even won a few with 300+ players.

I went to vegas this last week and played 6 tournaments at the flamingo and 1at harrahs. as i grew more comfortable at the table i did better and better. generally finishing in the top half to top 3rd.

I took 1st in one, 2nd in another, and third in one more.

So i came out ahead after spending 460 on tournaments.

I realized though that i am only playing premium hands. which may have worked in these tourneys with lots of fish but in a longer paced online game with more solid players i need to open up my range a bit.

I would say in general at my loosest (from the button) i was playing 44+, at+, kj+, q,j+ jt.
From other positions it was even tighter.

So no suited connectors or lower suited aces or anything like that. It worked for me sure but im sure to grow my bankroll online i need to play a wider variety of hands especially deep stacked and if i hope to beat players who are able to catch on to the fact that i am only playing premium hands.

I often just dont know what to do with my less than premium hands, as they never seem to hit right, and if i do hit a pair, say i have A9 s and i hit an ace, i dont know what to do i just wish i hadn't played it in fear of someone having the better ace.

I also grow quite bored in these online MTT's as you are so deep stacked and they last so long. I could play turbos but i feel that longer tournaments benefit the more skilled players?

Any help you can offer would be appreciated. thanks!

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Get a hand history of a tournament you went deep or feel like you played it very good/bad and then hit me up, ill go through hands with you.

Not a tip or a help as you figured it already, but it is crucial to play wider range if you want to move up the stakes. Memento Mori or whatever team pro it was, who was uber tight is not profitable anymore for years as everyone has figured that when he is in the mix, everyone should be out of the hand. I could give you an idea how you supposed to build weaker hand range and cbetting patterns.

Top 10 Games