Have you ever folded nuts

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why I am asking?
On one MTT tournament $0.25 45 Players (Used to play only MTTs for $0.25) on late stage of the game I had flopped Straight Flush and I was so exited that I incidentally miss clicked and folded that hand. You cannot imagine my frustration...

Years have passed and now shame is fading :)...

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hahaha, yeah dude. I understand you. I've had it before! Type's. Set of Aces on the flop in game three I have time 0 and warehouse! OMG Help ))))

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,unfortunately at some point that has happened to us all..It is very frustating when you accidentally fold the winning hand...

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Back when I played higher then I do now (ca 2005-2015) I had to have a back up internet connection because the main provider did "upgrades" to their service often.

So you could sit in a pot with several hundred dollars in the middle and moving all-in on the river with the nuts and... poff, there goes the internet connection and the client do not respond.

Since it often took to long to switch to the back-up the pot got lost.

Very irritating and nerve wrecking.

"Luckily" I am now retired from playing online for more than fun on lower stakes. And the ironic part is that I know have a very stable internet connection. Better late than never.

But it would have saved me a lot of money if I had a stable connection earlier.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, but have made some miss clicks that have cost me though.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I lost in time a hand with an ace set, which on the river turned four aces .... 3 seconds and I have nightmares about it to this days

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I have done this. Even more times i have jumped to grab a drink or something think i have plenty of time and get back to great hand seconds left scramble to click at least call or min raise to be fraction of second late. Sometimes you see would have lost anyway and your happy.

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Back when I played higher then I do now (ca 2005-2015) I had to have a back up internet connection because the main provider did "upgrades" to their service often.

So you could sit in a pot with several hundred dollars in the middle and moving all-in on the river with the nuts and... poff, there goes the internet connection and the client do not respond.

Since it often took to long to switch to the back-up the pot got lost.

Very irritating and nerve wrecking.

"Luckily" I am now retired from playing online for more than fun on lower stakes. And the ironic part is that I know have a very stable internet connection. Better late than never.

But it would have saved me a lot of money if I had a stable connection earlier.

I understand you very well.I was in this situation several times but one of them was on final table on such MTT $0.25 luckily they wait 2 min to act but this wasn't enough for provider to do their "upgrade' :).

mountainfox

mountainfox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I have folded when I had the nuts before. When my wi-fi connection lost signal and I folded a straight on the river.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had fondled the nuts and it felt good :)

Last edited:
D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, but have made some miss clicks

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only are things of the game as well there possibilities for many , and good I confess that they are things that happen to us , but we must take the example , considering many losses not to stumble again with the same and be strong for the new game.!!

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
when i started playing on my notebook i also made a lot of mistakes when it came to clicking, on occasion after 4 hours in the tournament a few steps from itm ... BUUUUUUM made a mistake at the time of the click, at the moment I'm more adapted the mistakes are more deep....
I hope one of these hours I can accidentally get it right

Z

zuk22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, but made few large pot bet miss clicks

Erik moraes

Erik moraes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never folded nuts but I already saw a person doing it on live poker

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If it has happened to me many times, but hey gives impotence it is part of the game !! I understand the disappointment and frustration, take a deep breath and follow.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dumped quads, straight flush, aa preflop. Most recently I played a tournament where there was a very small stack. When I saw Aa very happy and accidentally dropped it.1

Folding in Poker