Have you ever done amazing and then apparently your like let me mess up 😠

C

cool3390

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played a free roll.I was doing pretty good. Good chip ups bad dips.

Had 30k chips, I think we started with 2500?

Anyways its 3 hours in blinds are 500/1000 I'm playing great but tired and noticed some bluffs.

Some dude raises like 2500 cause he loves doing that and I had A3s I call hit my Ace, a queen is also on the board no flush draw. He bets 5000 i call cause I'm sick of his crap. He bets like 10k on the river I shove all in. He calls me he had 3 queens.

I'm an idiot and should have never gotten involved after I saw my flush wasn't going to hit.

I was tired intimidated by his 60k stack and my other opponents 100k stack.

No excuse. No hand analysis needed.
Bad play from a tired idiot.

I even played good after I bought in again after losing with a full house to a higher full house!!!!

I kept from tilt! And then this!
Ughhhh

What's your worst story?
Maybe ill feel better

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have many personnal stories that ends bad, believe me... But since reading a simple novel book on poker (no strategy talking, just a novel), I realized that it's better to just be sit out for 30 minutes when I start to feel tired than to force any play that may result in busting.

You may lose 3-4 BB along the way, but isn't it better than to lose your whole stack and be angry at you for playing poorly?

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think every poker players has situations like these where we're on great winning streaks in a tournament and then we blow half our stack on a dumb move that we wish we could take back. God knows I have plenty of examples... so just know you're not alone!

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have lost my cool plenty of times once I've made a run in a tournament. It really does suck so I empathize with you. One time I was the chip leader not too far from the bubble and in three hands I was out. All I had to due was fold my hands each time and I would have been in the money.

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean, who hasn't? Just the other day I was sitting on a very decent stack near the bubble and was making some profit by exploiting people trying to min cash. Then I get QQ and feel extra confident about stealing the blinds so I raise. Then I get reraised by someone with an even bigger stack than mine. Should have known he wouldn't do that without a monster but the greed was big in me so I reraised all in and got knocked out against KK.

Everybody does that at least once, the trick is to learn with your mistakes so you don't make them again.

frazzle1991

frazzle1991

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Whenever this happens its almost like i can never recover from it, but sitting out 30 mins, or maybe 10 to 20 mins, im going to try it and see if that helps.