Have You Been Late For Anything Because a Trny Ran Longer Than Expected?

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
.. and is it better to shove for a better stack to sit out with and try to make the money (or better money), or just sit out?
I've shoved the couple of times I had to leave and regretted it, but don't think I would have made the $ just sitting at that point anyway.
I'm curious if anyone has a strategy for this ;)

Last edited:
takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've called into work because a tourney ran long... only because I made the final table and the payout was for more than my days-pay. All the other times were just Hell for my wife, lol. Don't worry, tho, I'm still married. :elefant:

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've called into work because a tourney ran long... only because I made the final table and the payout was for more than my days-pay. All the other times were just Hell for my wife, lol. Don't worry, tho, I'm still married. :elefant:

i was late for work once too lol shhhhhhhh :p grats on the patient wifey ;)

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Because of poker? Probably not but i do were late for school(on purpose) some years ago when i started morning watching our national football team playing El Salvador somewhere in United States instead of preparing for school :D

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
look at this situation if i'm playing online i would download the App on my mobile and keep playing, now if i go live i would try to know if the tournament is important or if the exit is more important!

Loky13

Loky13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this didn't happen to you,meens you didn't play enaugh tournaments or you don't have a social life :))

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many times! Sometimes had to shove, sometimes canceled my plans to continue playing :D

T

timeforachange

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few years ago i started a 5 dollar tourney at 9 pm est thinking it would be done by 6 in the morning since i had to work. well final table started when i had to leave so i logged in ont he mobile app told my boss to download at work for me and i finsihed there came in third won a few hindred and gave him 40 out of my pocket for doing this since i came to work and made over 200 lol

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I'm lating I often playing coins and losing tournament fastly! Idk is that real to win 2 coins in a row? ))

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it did, and I also started playing more aggressive and loose, and at some point enden shoving. The problem is that I shouldn't start a trny if it may conflict with something else I have to do. I think that's best.

Or if I really wanna play poker, I could play cash since you can leave at any moment

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive dissapointed several friends by showing up late cuz a tourney ran longer than I expected. If I’m running deep in a tournament, then I’ll definitely stay until the end. If it’s a low buy in tourney then I’ll definitely just shove if I have to go lol

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
look at this situation if i'm playing online i would download the app on my mobile and keep playing, now if i go live i would try to know if the tournament is important or if the exit is more important!

I don't do data on my phone, or that would work for sure. I've been tempted to get data just for that reason lol

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
A few years ago i started a 5 dollar tourney at 9 pm est thinking it would be done by 6 in the morning since i had to work. well final table started when i had to leave so i logged in ont he mobile app told my boss to download at work for me and i finsihed there came in third won a few hindred and gave him 40 out of my pocket for doing this since i came to work and made over 200 lol

haha you're lucky to have that kind of relationship with your boss :) totally worth the $40!

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes it did, and I also started playing more aggressive and loose, and at some point enden shoving. The problem is that I shouldn't start a trny if it may conflict with something else I have to do. I think that's best.

Or if I really wanna play poker, I could play cash since you can leave at any moment

that's exactly what i find myself doing.. playing loose to try to get a stack to sit with, then shoving if i can't :/
and i tell myself all the time to not start if i can't stay.. we need to listen to our own advice lol

T

tmsr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had this happen too many time, I basically had to stop playing online because the wife was getting reallllly annoyed at me.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yeah, definitely, I've been too late to my bed time numerous times because of poker :rolleyes: