VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Wow, I'm not aware about such chart. I play freerolls like common MTTs usually.

uriell

uriell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Starting hands

There is no such schedule of starting hands for freerolls. There is a simple schedule of starting hands.

Attachments

• materialimg_20171020145132_JCMQyKJGOa.jpg
    materialimg_20171020145132_JCMQyKJGOa.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 48
swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For ACR's 10$ freeroll...just keep shoving preflop till youve hit 10k...then take it seriously.

Just don't get bad "poker muscle memory" and accidently start shoving on the wrong tables...i did that a couple times last week ��. It ended poorly.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If 4 or more ppl are already in, the pot odds imply to shove with any two cards, I just lost again AK against 23s, he hit a Full house. If you want to play a little bit longer in that tournament, just wait a few hands. Writing this I got AA and AJs on another...let's wait a second....
AA uncalled, AJs won against one. I folded Q9o and two times T5s...
It mostly depends on the importance of the tourney.:angel:

inflmara

inflmara

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no such schedule of starting hands for freerolls. There is a simple schedule of starting hands.
This is way too tight you will never win with this range, and it does not even take position into account which is very important!^

Upswing Poker has some great charts
https://upswingpoker.com/preflop/

Don't listen to the people telling you to shove it is not a winning strategy and will cost you more wins then just playing good poker.
If people took the time to learn about equity they would know the more people in the pot the less likely you will win the pot.

Last edited:
elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are a little different from the others games, there are different levels of players depending on the freeroll that you wanna play.

I advise you to play with caution, but sometimes you will need to risk some spots.

Try this:
UTG, UTG+1: TT+, AT+, when you are deep you can add to your range, AXs, any pocket pair, trying to hit something on the flop or fold. In the case a AXs, you will try to flop a flush or flushdraw, maybe straight or 2 pair, but caution with what the others cards can give to other players range.

MP+1, MP+2, MP+3: 77+, A8+, QJ+, JT+, when you are deep you can add the same cards like in the UTG, maybe you can add suited conectors 87+, KXs, trying to hit on flop, but don't put so many money in the bet.

HJ, CO, BTN: You can play all the range that I have given until here, inclusive you can try to make Cbet, with the hand extra that I given to you try to use only until the flop, and you can try to steal bluffing in position.

SB, BB: in these positions there are something to think before get into a hand, like the amount of players in the hand, if there bets, 3bets and 4bets, I advise you to play only the premium hands, if there so many actions before you, like KK+ and AK, if there is only few players calling the blind, you can play the same of the UTG only completing the bet, or if you are deep you can make a big bet trying to play against less players in the postflop, the ideal are play against only one.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If I'm serious about a freeroll for the first 15-30 minutes I'm only playing AA, KK and perhaps AK suited.

You will notice in the first half hour of these freerolls 50% of the field busts out. By playing the opening stages super tight you're already halfway to the money.

After this stage I'm playing much more normal poker, although in freerolls I usually play tighter until chipped up because there are so many reckless players.

Don't think you need charts specifically for freerolls, just study standard MTT charts & strategies and adjust them to what suits you and the tourney.

On more than one occasion I've used freerolls to make the starting a of a bankroll, it takes a lot of patience and a bit of luck but it's possible.

Good luck!

EDIT~ bluff less, value bet more!

T

TJH90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any pair, any suited connected or loose and any paint cards for me. Just shove shove shove then take it seriously if you want later on.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A starting hand chart is useless...
You would need a bookmfull of them.
Because the range of hands you can play depends on your position, the action that has or has not occured in front of you, stack size and what Londonderry players you are up against.
If you use one chart then you will end up playing the same way from early position against the tightest opponent as from late position against a maniac...

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As Kraemer says, to free tournaments you do not need a hand chart, at least for the initial phases.
I think you have to play ABC poker and use your common sense, just play strong hands, since being a free tournament, many players pay you with anything, if you are a big stack, you can see many cheap flops if hand is clean, you can see the flop with hands like 22 33 44 45 56 67 78 etc. If you can not connect anything on the flop, it is an easy fold.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Freeroll Passwords