Hard spot w/ KK

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He either has 66 or some suited connectors? So at flop its quite difficult becouse he is so short. I hold Kd so I think I have to call flop? But I also know he is going to jam turn almost everytime. Whats your toughts?

PokerStars - Tournament - Holdem - 9 max

BTN: 88.4 BB
Hero (SB): 164 BB
BB: 77 BB
UTG: 43.5 BB
UTG+1: 188.6 BB
MP: 167.2 BB
MP+1: 202.6 BB
MP+2: 108 BB
CO: 277.5 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K
diamond.gif
K
club.gif

UTG calls 1 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 4 BB, fold, UTG calls 3 BB

Flop: (9 BB, 2 players) 6
diamond.gif
A
diamond.gif
J
diamond.gif

Hero bets 5 BB, UTG raises to 23.5 BB, Hero ?

Last edited:

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He either has 66 or some suited connectors? So at flop its quite difficult becouse he is so short. I hold Kd so I think I have to call flop? But I also know he is going to jam turn almost everytime. Whats your toughts?

diamond.gif
K
club.gif

UTG calls 1 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 4 BB, fold, UTG calls 3 BB

diamond.gif
K
diamond.gif
J
diamond.gif

Is Kd in your hand or on the board?

Assuming you have Kh and Kd is on the board

His range is pretty tight here and you have 68% equity against it. He's only got 16bb behind I would be tempted to put him all in, a call would also be good here. I'm definetely not folding.

Assuming you have Kd and Kh is on the board

Your 87% favourite put him all in!

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think youl should put all in in preflop... but now... you have to call.

A

AJantwan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not certain how I would have played this, but I think that checking on the flop is an option. You want more cards, and by checking, you might get them free. Also, the ace is a little bit of a concern, so again, I think checking is a possibility.

And if you had checked, then he probably bets 5BB, and you're in a much better situation.

Having said that, I still might have bet. But I'd have bet more like 3-4BB. I wouldn't be trying to bet big and scare the guy off. If he has an ace or hit a set, you're not going to scare him off. So why bet over half pot? In fact, if he has an ace or set, there's a good chance he's going to re-raise you big in order to prevent you chasing your flush draw....and that's what happened. By betting smaller on the flop, 1) you accomplish the same -- he's going to fold if he has air regardless of whether you bet 3BB or 5BB, 2) you make it easier on yourself to choose to fold since you're less committed, and 3) you probably decrease the size of his raise, making it easier to call.

So I'd say check or bet less and you don't wind up in this situation.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against a nit I would possibly fold if I knew he'd only make that raise with a flush. You're getting 33% pot odds and if you're drawing to a diamond you have around 28% equity. A TAG or a LAG who has the capability to bluff at this I'd call or raise. In this situation I'd just go all-in he's short stacked and even if you're behind you still have a decent amount of equity while drawing to the nuts.

J

JeetsMcskeets89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah there's always a tuff spot during some point in a game but you defiantly can't fold but calling and seeing turn seems most logical I wouldn't reraise wait til you peel it first

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He can't have KdQx or KdTx because you have the Kd. I don't understand why it is between 66 and a suited connector. It is probably just an ace or better. As played, fold. I'd consider checking the flop here so you can call and see the turn. Betting, and then having to fold, is very bad throwing away the flush equity.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

diamond.gif
K
club.gif

diamond.gif
A
diamond.gif
J
diamond.gif

Your odds to win based on the possible villain's hand (all calculated using https://www.cardschat.com/poker-odds-calculator.php )

29% - against set of Aces
32% - against any made flush
36% - against a set of 6s or Js
40.5% - against A6 and AJ
41% - against AX (with a diamond)
51% - against J6
86% - against a pair + FD (like QJ with a diamond, 67 with a diamond)
100% - against pure bluffs

I would say that V doesn't have hands like: JJ+, AJ+, definitely not J6 as it is unlikely these hands limp UTG and call 4x.
Basically you are against pocket pairs with a diamond, QJ or JT with a diamond, set of 66s and AX with a diamond. Keep in mind your image: chip leader, betting from SB, it may seem like you are trying to push opponents of their hands with any two cards (as you should be doing with that stack).
With all that being said, and against villain's possible range, I think it is profitable enough to call.

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Call for all those reasons. Thanks to Bozovicdj for the good explanation that I don't have to do myself :)
Your odds to win based on the possible villain's hand (all calculated using https://www.cardschat.com/poker-odds-calculator.php )

29% - against set of Aces
32% - against any made flush
36% - against a set of 6s or Js
40.5% - against A6 and AJ
41% - against AX (with a diamond)
51% - against J6
86% - against a pair + FD (like QJ with a diamond, 67 with a diamond)
100% - against pure bluffs

I would say that V doesn't have hands like: JJ+, AJ+, definitely not J6 as it is unlikely these hands limp UTG and call 4x.
Basically you are against pocket pairs with a diamond, QJ or JT with a diamond, set of 66s and AX with a diamond. Keep in mind your image: chip leader, betting from SB, it may seem like you are trying to push opponents of their hands with any two cards (as you should be doing with that stack).
With all that being said, and against villain's possible range, I think it is profitable enough to call.

101ABN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have played PF the same as you did but jam turn.
Jamming PF won't optimize your profit imo bc you won't get a call, generally.

E

elias444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On a diamond board, with the Ad on the board and your holding the Kd..!
vs the UTG holding your % is high for an easy push..!
UTG could easy have Qd, 9h for a straight plus flush draw as well or As, Qd and decide it to play his hand strong.
I'm not folding

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, I think this is a fold. Your equity is too low to re-raise them all-in, and the odds of you hitting the nuts on the turn are not good enough for a call. If anyone else has a different opinion, please feel free to let me know how else I can be thinking about the hand. But right now I say fold.