Hand review

O

OldDog456

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise 2.5 with QQ from behind button bb calls...flop comes 35dkh, I bet half pot and get called 7s hits...should I have checked or shoved here? I bet half pot again and diamond hits river and he hits flush. What is a better way to play this hand? BB was calling with ace rag and looking back I feel with info I had should have shoved turn or check folded. Should I have also check called flop?

bushy_lufc

bushy_lufc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Check back the flop to keep his range wider its easier to play your hand and youll get calls from wider range. Yes a diamond or an ace may hit but they will hit if you bet and they call and the pot will be more bloated then...

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are stack sizes and blinds?

O

OldDog456

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had 16k and bb had 8k blinds were 200/400

Tech101205

Tech101205

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Open Raise is Fine but i suggest you raise 3x with premium pairs
When u got called on flop , the opp is most likely on a draw to a flush or straight
since turn completes possible straight ,the check on turn is better to control pot
The shoving on turn seems bit risky as turn completes possible str8 for villain
since river is scare card , we can check and fold to a standard bet

V

Vetroslav123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It also depends on the tipe of tournament you play , buy-in and opponent's style. Personally , with premium hands I bet 3.5BB , if there's a bet before me I make a huge 3-bet. This strategy helps you to gain information about your opp's hand.
In your situation I would prefer a 2/3 bet on flop , if straight or flush comes you check/call. But it depends on your opp stats

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its very bad flop for you. You must play check - fold all streets here, becouse with a hand KdXd your opponent may play very slow. And you have 1-2 outs vs it.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In your situation I would prefer a 2/3 bet on flop , if straight or flush comes you check/call. But it depends on your opp stats

Your bet dont get a call with worse hands than QQ. So you get call from better hands only, or from AdJd- which it is a coin. So Bet/call or check/call this is -EV situation for this flop.

A

amadeusace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
According to the stack sizes you go all in on the turn (I'm surprised he called and leaving behind 1/3 of his stack)... You can't fold on the river with the rest of his stack... You need to call 2500 for about 17k

Straight is unlikely to be there according to his hand.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont like PRF raise 3-4bb gets some "garbage" out of the ways. 2.5bb lets stuff like 67s-9Ts tag along.
Turn is a raise, but not too big ~1/2 pot you want to get called.

He fished him self to the flush =) Im can understand BB defence and call of the CBet on the flop(but again, IT'S A DRAW NOT A READY HAND) turn - was completely wrong for him, he got Lucky you didn't =)

O

OldDog456

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the input, I will put a larger raise in pre-flop next time and take more time to think out the next streets with the advice that everyone supplied..thanks.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Without any information on villain, I thought you played it fine and pretty standard just got unlucky.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Raise 2.5 with QQ from behind button bb calls...flop comes 35dkh, I bet half pot and get called 7s hits...should I have checked or shoved here? I bet half pot again and diamond hits river and he hits flush. What is a better way to play this hand? BB was calling with ace rag and looking back I feel with info I had should have shoved turn or check folded. Should I have also check called flop?

I had 16k and bb had 8k blinds were 200/400

4x raise instead of 2.5 . Now, if he hasn't fold already , we have 3400+antes,lets say 3400 in the pot , we have 14400 , he has 6400 , we bet 2000 , he folds his bluffs or let's say he calls , in the pot 7.400 , we have 12.400 , he has 4 400 , we go all in in the turn for 4.400 more, we don't want any diamond , if we lose we have 8000 , if we win we get 16.200 ,4:1 , we have 24.200 at least

strodawg

strodawg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

If you are giving him a flush draw from flop or turn then check would have been best cause people hold in strong on their draws. I don't believe a shove would have pushed him off searching for A high flush. u could have check called if he made it cheap enough but otherwise fold something high to a shove.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands