Hand reading and assigning ranges
I am trying to learn how to read hands and assigning opponents hand ranges and narrow it down post-flop etc.
I have a question about a hand I was in.
It was early stage (everyone has 75 big blinds) and the blinds and ante were 10/20/3. We was a few hands in when I was dealt KJ offsuit on the big blind.
UTG raised it to 4 BB to 80 and their was several callers, the pot was 374.
I was getting 6:1 odds
to call, so I did.
The flop came 84J rainbow.
I check in BB, UTG+1 made a pot size cbet to make it 674, MP2 snap calls making the pot 974, it is folded around back to me. I thought about the pot odds
(3:1) and UTG hand ranged (i.e. AJs, AA-88, t9s) and assumed I was beat, so I folded my hands.
Turn was a K (I would've made two-pair) UTG bets 450, MP2 snaps calls.
River was a K (I would've had a full house) UTG shoves all-in and again MP2 snap calls; showing 88 for a full house (888KK), UTG had AJs (JJKKA).
1) Should I have mucked KJo on the button regardless of odds (6:1) as it is a trap hand.
2) Should I have check/called the flop (3:1) to see the turn (for two-pair JJKK)
3) How can I make hand reading easier, as I didn't consider hand ranges for post-flop callers? (and folded because pot bet and snap call on flop-thinking I was beat).
4) Can they be ever bluffing (i.e. semi-bluff J9s)
5) should I only play KJs from MP2+ for min raise?
6) What can I do to make post-flop decisions easier