Gus Hansen Book Every Hand Revealed?

P

paulyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anyone read this book? Thought about buying it because they say it goes through every hand 1 at a time and the thinking of Gus Hansen of what he is thinking. That sounds pretty good and much better than HOH.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes I read it & was disappointed. (HOH is far better). Some books I enjoy picking up & reading through parts of them again (sometimes many times). Gus' book is definitely NOT one of those.
If you've already read HOH series, there's way better books you could consider checking out next (instead of Gus' book). ie. Winning Poker Tournaments - One Hand At A Time Vol.1, 2, & 3. Also take a look at 'Raiser's Edge'.

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I own the book, and enjoyed it (strictly for the lulz ofc).

P

postflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The book was entertaining for sure, but in terms of strategy, there're probably heaps of people better to learn from in terms of tournament play.

caintain

caintain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do you guys know of any books geared towards online play?

P

paulyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To those who read teh book. Does he actually speak about the hands from his perspective? Such as okay i have AK and flop comes q 10 5 rainbow. I bet 2000 into 5000 as Cbet and i get called. Then analyze it further such as most likely he has medium pair, then top pair and then draw such as KJ. Like does he go through hand ranges and say set would be very low percentage etc?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
To those who read teh book. Does he actually speak about the hands from his perspective? Such as okay i have AK and flop comes q 10 5 rainbow. I bet 2000 into 5000 as Cbet and i get called. Then analyze it further such as most likely he has medium pair, then top pair and then draw such as KJ. Like does he go through hand ranges and say set would be very low percentage etc?
The book sucks. Seriously.
If you want far better 'with hand analysis', check out the ones I listed above.

catchitfool

catchitfool

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no but im always looking for a poker book to read good bood poker o i agree

B

Blue_Fossil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds like I'm in the minority but I enjoyed the book. It's probably not the most instructional book in that you'll learn a lot, but it's entertaining. He does go into detail his thought process on many hands. I took some comfort in that I don't recall reading anything that made be say to myself "I never would have thought of that."

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm waiting for the "every hand revealed" on his recent gong show versus Negreanu. Now that would be a guaranteed best seller.

R

rw11687

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bought it a while back and am actually in the process of reading it. It is entertaining, but not a highly strategic book. So if your looking for pure strategy, go with something else. There is some strategy and he does discuss his thinking in depth for a few of the bigger hands. I found some value in that, but a majority of the hands are quick paragraphs describing the table action and how he played the hand.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands