Good start

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me you were very risky in leaving your chips in that well.
You had top pair on the flop, but the exture of the board was not very promising for you.
Maybe in your situation I would have withdrawn my hand, from the 4bet of Sb.
Also keep in mind that at the beginning of a tournament you play more conservative, so your BB position leaves you in a rather weak situation to continue.
Greetings.

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Вы не одиноки, у меня начало турнира, очень редко бывает плохо, но в конце просто не идет карта ...

Why not in English?:D:confused:

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me you were very risky in leaving your chips in that well.
You had top pair on the flop, but the exture of the board was not very promising for you.
Maybe in your situation I would have withdrawn my hand, from the 4bet of Sb.
Also keep in mind that at the beginning of a tournament you play more conservative, so your BB position leaves you in a rather weak situation to continue.
Greetings.

I did not understand, how should I continue to play in order to stay in the honorable first or second place?:confused:

XOM9IK

XOM9IK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All the luck given to this tournament is spent in this hand

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Вы не одиноки, у меня начало турнира, очень редко бывает плохо, но в конце просто не идет карта ...

:D After such luck, just have to sit and wait almost until the bubble :eating::D

N

nameless1537

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not understand, how should I continue to play in order to stay in the honorable first or second place?[emoji782]

I would tend to agree with Gustav. A with a weak kicker shouldn’t stand up to a re-raise, much less a 2nd one. I would have probably folded assuming that one of the other opponents had a better hand. Since everyone limped, they could have had anything... a completed set, 2 pair, flush draw... and you also had bad position to boot.

I probably would have opened with a pot sized bet (or slightly bigger) just to see where I stood. If I get raised once, I could call... or fold. Getting raised a 2nd time indicated strength and I would not have called an all-in bet. And if someone wants to go all in on a coin flip, I’d fold and take note.

For you, you totally lucked out on the turn and people probably took note of your call. If people know you can’t fold on a top pair with a weak kicker on some raises or re-raises, they would probably adjust their strategy accordingly, and prob why you ended badly.

My 2c anyway.

Last edited:
Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes that was a good start but you got lucky getting your second pair after going all in with a terrible kicker. If you played the whole tournament like that I'm surprised that you got that far.

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
... If people know you can’t fold on a top pair with a weak kicker on some raises or re-raises, they would probably adjust their strategy accordingly, and prob why you ended badly.

My 2c anyway.

Thanks for the detailed answer! Your advice will be useful to me!:)
I need to play more carefully :D not so aggressive:ridinghor

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Penso que você agiu errado, pois mesmo tendo o top pair ele vinha acompanhado de um 4. outra coisa a você foi four betado. agiu muito errado era fold certo para mim.

comical:D:D:D:congrats::congrats:

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eva the Queens would simply run you over. Sad that you didnt make it on the ending hand with a set :) Hey sometimes it works sometimes it doesn´t, huh? have a nice day.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If there is one thing that I have learned by reading posts here on Cardschat is that you have to be patient playing no limit holdem. You have to pick your battles. Sometimes you have to fold when you do not want to...… just to survive !!!

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there is one thing that I have learned by reading posts here on Cardschat is that you have to be patient playing no limit holdem. You have to pick your battles. Sometimes you have to fold when you do not want to...… just to survive !!!

I do not have enough patience! My temperament is not the same! I bring myself up in the game!

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eva the Queens would simply run you over. Sad that you didnt make it on the ending hand with a set :) Hey sometimes it works sometimes it doesn´t, huh? have a nice day.

Yes, this often happens to me! :pcguru: :banghead: Need to learn to play:laugh:

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do not worry about this temporary failure. Everyone has a black stripe. Try to play more carefully closer to the top places. At the end of the game, the best players remain.

N

nameless1537

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

First hand: pretty reasonable play. I would not have raised after the river unless I had a monster hand. The $50 raise wouldn’t have made anyone fold, and left you vulnerable to a big reraise, and left you in a difficult spot to call, when you have a top pair with a weak kicker.

Second hand... I think you made a reasonable play pre-flop (but others might beg to differ) in wanting to face off one on one against the short stacked guy... especially since you weren’t in good position and hoping that raiser folds. He could have raised with large variety of hands. You were horribly unlucky that the dude completed a set on the flop. Even if you simply called the pre-flop raise... if the raiser calls too, you would have lost your chips after the flop anyway (assuming you bet or even if you check and he bets).

I hate getting decent cards in the blinds or even early position. And QQs are my nightmare cards. Any overcard on the flop puts me in a difficult decision. Tough luck.

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First hand: pretty reasonable play. I would not have raised after the river unless I had a monster hand. The $50 raise wouldn’t have made anyone fold, and left you vulnerable to a big reraise, and left you in a difficult spot to call, when you have a top pair with a weak kicker.

Second hand... I think you made a reasonable play pre-flop (but others might beg to differ) in wanting to face off one on one against the short stacked guy... especially since you weren’t in good position and hoping that raiser folds. He could have raised with large variety of hands. You were horribly unlucky that the dude completed a set on the flop. Even if you simply called the pre-flop raise... if the raiser calls too, you would have lost your chips after the flop anyway (assuming you bet or even if you check and he bets).

I hate getting decent cards in the blinds or even early position. And QQs are my nightmare cards. Any overcard on the flop puts me in a difficult decision. Tough luck.

Thanks for the detailed analysis and advice!
Can you tell me about it:
https://www.boomplayer.com/ru/31253167_7685F19AE6 :eek:
Here is the end:
https://www.boomplayer.com/ru/31253220_FA55ECC0C5
:flybye: