Good mood guarantee of success in the tournament

Rvstam

Rvstam

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if I'm in a bad mood I always lose. if in good, then luck smiles at me. Do you have the same?

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope. I think that sometimes when I am in an "I don't care" mode, I play better than in a nice mood haha. Talking seriously now, I think yes, your mood will affect how you play, but also you need lots of luck, it does not matter how great you feel, if you are unlucky at the table, it is a 100% sure your mood will change. That's what I think ok, it is not a must :D

F

FelixTheLord

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is luck..nothing can change that

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can be in a bad mood and play good poker and vice versa.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to change my mood at the time to mood for poker. So no bad or good mood but completely different concept of mood which cannot be explained with usual terms

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope, it does not work for me :D
I was a lot of times in a good mode for poker but..... :damnmate::eek::eek:

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, when I play in a good or bad mood it negatively affects my game, for me it is better to play in a neutral mood.

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This does not work. How lucky or good to play, choose a position, eat blinds, bluff.:y:

Sokolik

Sokolik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm in a bad mood, I don't play games or anything. I rest and recover. That and you advise.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is certainly not good to play, if you are in a bad mood, because it will typically lead to poor decisions. Most commenly this is referred to as tilt, and it can result from losing or from things unrelated to poker such as being tired, sleep deprivated, drunk, hungover or stressed. Ideally you want to go into each poker session with a clear and positive mindset. This will not assure, you cash in all the tournaments, you play, but it gives you the best chance.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are no guarantees, but being in a good mood helps play.

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that I play better when I'm less concerned about the outcome, like in a freeroll or a low buy in tournament. About bad mood, I believe that it don't affect me.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have not had any changes of luck due to my mood being one way or the other. I do find I play much worse when my mood is bad though. I have actually stopped playing when I am not I the right mood. I dont enjoy myself when I am in a bad mood so why waste my time playing when I wont enjoy myself.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is certainly not good to play, if you are in a bad mood, because it will typically lead to poor decisions. Most commenly this is referred to as tilt, and it can result from losing or from things unrelated to poker such as being tired, sleep deprivated, drunk, hungover or stressed. Ideally you want to go into each poker session with a clear and positive mindset. This will not assure, you cash in all the tournaments, you play, but it gives you the best chance.

Totally agree with all of Fundiver’s post here!

Would also like to add that conformation bias could be at work as well, OP. You think you’ll do poorly because you’re in a bad mood, so maybe the decisions you make in game are subconsciously driving you away from a successful session.

Try to enter into every session without any expectation except that you will play your best! :)

E

EvandroGatti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good mood I dont know, but bad...
Last night I was playing in a normal mood, not good, not bad, just normal.Then my daughter called... So many problems, my mind got full. Lost 3 in a roll, poor thinking, no focus at all. I gave up. So mood surely does matter!

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I confirm to achieve a good result. you have to be in the right frame of mind to make the right decisions. when I'm in a bad mood and have to play. before the start of the game, i talk to my subconscious. I repeat the same sentence for several minutes like for example "I am happy". this method can help you get rid of all your negative thoughts.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, you are absolutely right, I have the same. I guess, it's better not to start playing poker at all a day you have a bad mood. Almost no chance you win anything. And it's not only because of luck, if you have a bad mood you will start making mistakes no matter what and won't even notice it and keep on playing, playing and playing. Your tilt will accumulate every single moment, your bad mood will become even worse and finally it'll come the worst. A night with a bad mood is rarely profitable.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think your attitude/confidence will definitely affect your game. If you think you are playing well, you usually do.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good mood, good health, no outside influences are way for good playing and good results. Of course you have to know to play the game

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hhhhmmmmm, have you considered that it is the other way around?
That when you lose your mood is bad and when you win your mood is good ?

Probably bad mood is likely to increase losses, because people seem to like to play mindless big bets in poker when their mood is bad... Overcoming this and being able to stay calm and poker on is an essential poker skill. Unfortunately i haven't mastered it yet...

But if you are right then it seems to be really simple.... Don't play when your mood is bad!

Tvorets

Tvorets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The success of the tournament does not depend on the mood

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I didn't find that to be the case, at least with me.

But it isn't unreasonable for some individuals, in the sense that when they are in good mood they just play better (more concentrated, patient, etc.) in contrast to when they are in bad mood. Thus results may vary for them.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Perhaps, if you're in a good mood, you can think more clearly. But it has no direct connotation with your game. Good mood and bad mood I had the same results.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I disagree. Won 1st places many times having very bad mood or being angry and doing stupid things. Luck has nothing to do with other senses, you can't predict, create or control it.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if I'm in a bad mood I always lose. if in good, then luck smiles at me. Do you have the same?

I usually don't sit down to play poker when I'm in a bad mood, because if I lose, my mood will get even worse