Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone.

When you play mtt tournaments (in my case most freerolls), it does not happen to you that when you are speculating to enter bubble prizes, or close to it, the software distributes to you premium or very good hands and you do not dare to play them for fear of being left out of prizes?
Another thing that happens to me, as Murphy's laws would say, is that already inside the award-winning places, I do not link anything else hahaha.
I am clear that this is a novice comment but it is something that happens to me, perhaps due to my too speculative way of playing tournaments.
Well, do not challenge me too much hehe, I know that several of you, my dear friends, have suggested that I play to win but well, it will be little by little.

Thanks for letting me do a little catharsis and for always being there.

Kind regards from Buenos Aires.

_xgeb_

_xgeb_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Hi everyone.

When you play mtt tournaments (in my case most freerolls), it does not happen to you that when you are speculating to enter bubble prizes, or close to it, the software distributes to you premium or very good hands and you do not dare to play them for fear of being left out of prizes?
Another thing that happens to me, as Murphy's laws would say, is that already inside the award-winning places, I do not link anything else hahaha.
I am clear that this is a novice comment but it is something that happens to me, perhaps due to my too speculative way of playing tournaments.
Well, do not challenge me too much hehe, I know that several of you, my dear friends, have suggested that I play to win but well, it will be little by little.

Thanks for letting me do a little catharsis and for always being there.

I understand you completely. But as they've already told you around here, you have to play those hands. Fear will lose you great chances of doubling up in the tournament and being one of the chip leaders in the tournament so you can more easily aspire to a podium. I tell you what happened to me today in the cardschat tournament. I touch KK, I ended up losing vs A2, color came out. I would run out of prizes but I'd rather get to a point and end up killing the blinds. Well I hope it has served you something. Greeting

BRANCASLIM

BRANCASLIM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello mate! You will have to make the difficult decision in that face of the bubble if you want to enter well standing to play the later stages or stay out of the tournament. It is very painful to be a bubble, but you should not be influenced by that and play as you normally would, more than anything because your rivals are going to adjust to enter ITM. After billing, I think you could use some kind of tables to make a push or fold game with less than 20bb to put good pressure and not be short. With more than 20bb you can choose another strategy to scale prize levels. regards !!

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont agree with most replies. In order to win it you must first be in it. and its much better to min cash then not cash at all. I mean ya play for 3 or 4 hours and you dont cash cause as they all say you want to win it not just play for min cash. Cant win it if you arent in it and if your short stack most likely one or more big stacks are going to call with absolute trash and kill you every time. Let them gamble there time away and not cash ill take my min cash anytime and then go for bigger money. works well for me. Your big hands dont mean shit against big stacks cause they didnt get them big stacks by playing good cards most likely they played trash and have gotten lucky
Good luck!!!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its fine to take off some marginal spots on the bubble. But there is a limit to, how far you can take it without hurting your long term winrate. So no I dont fold AK near the bubble, if I have less than 20BB just to give an example.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, my advice always play first to be ITM and then seek to win the tournament, no matter if the tournament is a free or a big tournament with high buy-in, the matter is always to win money, whether it is pennies or hundreds of dollars, I think that you must correct about not to play premium hands when you are close to the bubble, the premium hands are where you must risk since they have a high probability of winning and increasing your stack

MrAlabama

MrAlabama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand you completely. But as they've already told you around here, you have to play those hands. Fear will lose you great chances of doubling up in the tournament and being one of the chip leaders in the tournament so you can more easily aspire to a podium. I tell you what happened to me today in the cardschat tournament. I touch KK, I ended up losing vs A2, color came out. I would run out of prizes but I'd rather get to a point and end up killing the blinds. Well I hope it has served you something. Greeting

yeah, playing scared in the wrong spots will cost you more in the long run

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friends.

Thank you very much for your advice, opinions and comments.
Everything helps me to evolve and stop being a novice fish haha.
From my heart, thank you very much again for always being there.

SharkyJohn

SharkyJohn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are tilted you gon' lose your hands most of times, on the long run. Tilt is a thing that separates a good player from a bad one. Yes the worst player with AA wins against the best with KK, but a good player might not lose that much of the stack and might feel the situation and on a long run would be losing as little as possible.
Besides counting tilt as a bad time, and don't think that good hands would be worse regarding of bad time, what is a bad time if it's not tilt? Can somebody answer?

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands