Getting Knocked Out on Bubble When You Have Less Chips

O

ozrock

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is anyone else finding a pattern where you are getting knocked out on the bubble where you have less chips than another player you are heads up with; and the player you are against has a very low percentage hand to win against you?

I have now lost count how many times this has happened to me.

Any though's or ideas about this?

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HI There
Let me tell you It happens to me too
Just before the bubble a get AA and knocked out with 3 of anything
always in PS
And... i´m a vey old player there
Seems a preference for Ukraine and Russian players
Lololol
Rgds

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its not only you. Ive had same thing many, many times. If you want to survive bubble than you need to not envolve to play with agressive players, even if you have good hand. Usualy they have more luck than brain.
Try to slowly build your stack untill bubble and then play passive.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
If you think a site is rigged: Do NOT play there!!!

I personally don't think any of the big site would risk being caught cheating. They earn enough money on rake to motivate them to be and stay in the business.

You must play good hands (and sometimes relatively bad hands even if you are on the bubble). Or maybe especially on the bubble since it is not enough just to cash in tournaments in the long run if you want to be a winning player. You must place in the top several times also.

Only exception is satellites.

Maybe if you are in a rare big buy-in tournament where the prize money are very important to you it can occasionally be okay to fold into the money .

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Many times this has happened to me due to the fact that the tournament has to end at a certain time and this is only possible when someone comes all in.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have small stack than a bigger stack player will call a lot wider range so that's why somethig like this happens so often and your brain don't usually remember a lot of that hands where you win, just beats.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Sometimes life (and poker) is a bitch. If you're getting your chips in pre-flop with the best hands, then don't complain - you did your bit - the rest is up to the cards!

Do NOT fold your AA like I saw someone suggest, just because you're close to the money. You want to win the whole tournament for 1000+ ROI, not sneak into 285th for a few cents profit on 3 hours work.

If you are that convinced the site is rigged withdraw your money, close your account and find another, more reputable site to play on.

G

GrannySmit77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is anyone else finding a pattern where you are getting knocked out on the bubble where you have less chips than another player you are heads up with; and the player you are against has a very low percentage hand to win against you?

I have now lost count how many times this has happened to me.

Any though's or ideas about this?
It happened to me so often it spooked me out of playing around the bubble. On all sites. And what I noticed from other players that get it all in good versus a bigger chip stack, they end up losing. I agree with you, just from personal experience, I find this very weird.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It happens to me on a regular basis, especially if I have A's or K's and call a bigger stacks 3-bet/shove. I usually win w/rags in the BB during this time. I agree w/Granny that it happens at all sites and live games. It's just part of poker, now.

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Get used to it my friend. You're not being aggressive enough. That's the problem.

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They always promote aggressive players. They get the advantages of playing aggressively at key moments in the tournament.

Loky13

Loky13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happens to all of us,especially if you play a lot

Poker Chips - History of Chips