Chips
how to get further to tournaments

tonzinho7620

tonzinho7620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
start of the tournament you don't need to play many hands only good hands and always being aggressive to have a good result

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that there are two main principles.
1. Be more patient.
2. Play only with good cards.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that there are two main principles.
1. Be more patient.
2. Play only with good cards.

Usually true, but I think what you are indirectly stating is that we must be more willing to adapt to situations later in the event. For the early stages of a poker tournament, you are usually playing fairly solid and "feeling out" the table/player play-styles. It is only in the middle and endgame stages where we can start to utilize our stack size, make moves and put our earlier observations to the test :)

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is necessary to show rigor and discipline. it is advisable to play the game of reduced variance and avoid playing flips to increase your luck of going further in a tournament. above all you need to improve your playing level and play every spot or hand in the best possible way.

Shakes

Shakes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To add to what has already been said, I would say pick your spots, probably one of the trickier things to do and also vary your play from time to time.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are probably playing too many hands and folding most of them after the flop. Stop throwing away chips by reducing your range, especially in early position. Avoid playing a hand out of position unless you have a top premium hand. Essentially tighten up your game. And, unless you just can't help gambling, don't call the all-ins just because you have a pair. You want to avoid a shove for a flip early on. In the later stages of the tournament you will find it tough making the final table without winning an all-in probably more than once. But, if you have conserved your chips with better choices at least you can still fold in some of those tight spots where you just aren't sure.