Frustated about UTG

hurtadoak

hurtadoak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey all, new here. Looking for some advice on UTG play. say you are midway deep in a live tourney 350 players. You have 40bb and you get dealt king/jack or king/ten suited type of hand UTG. There are a couple big stacks behind you. whats the best play here? Ty:jd4:

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You would get much better answers in the tournament forum but I'd fold those hands with big stacks behind.

Banjois

Banjois

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I might call. But I tend to lose doing things like that.

F

forfiter47

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just fold and everything will be fine :)

A

AlexTheOwl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold. The only time I'd play something like that UTG is if I had 5BB or less.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
BULLY THE TABLE OR THEY WILL BULLY YOU

but have good brm... play where you can afford a good few bb downswing to upswing later.

A

AlexTheOwl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey all, new here. Looking for some advice on UTG play. say you are midway deep in a live tourney 350 players. You have 40bb and you get dealt king/jack or king/ten suited type of hand UTG. There are a couple big stacks behind you. whats the best play here? Ty:jd4:

BULLY THE TABLE OR THEY WILL BULLY YOU

but have good brm... play where you can afford a good few bb downswing to upswing later.

Madman, does this mean you think you should be raising KJs or KTs UTG midway through a tourney with a 40bb stack?

AlexGrinStar

AlexGrinStar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
such hands are folded with utg... But if you already wanted to afford such a luxury, you must have 100BB+...

W

wildjoker68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I say that depends on the river the hand before. if there wasn't a J or a K on the last hand I would limp in and see what they did. if I knew one of them was always trying to bully, I would Shove all in like I had the nuts, most of the time they would fold. if they called I would just say my odds are most likely 45%-their hand. but also ask yourself this big question first. was there an ace last hand on the board? if there wasn't you could value bet, but if a re-raise comes back to you, you have to shove or fold there with that stack you were talking about. also keep in mind the suites. if you all black and the last river was all black, it maybe a lot weaker yet. the K J is called the rookie hand for a good reason. I have won and lost many times with them. about 50-50, I hope this helps you out. Peace and happy Bank Rolling"