Freerolls vs. Buyin's

M

mulliongc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do participants in freerolls play significantly different than they would if they were in a "pay to play" tournament? What are your thoughts?

qRock

qRock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, the average level of a freeroll player is very low, there is no liability, which means no risk pay. When freeroll players play tournaments for personal money, their game is more responsible and thoughtful. For example, the situation at the beginning of a freeroll is common when a player goes all-in with any two. In buy-in tournaments this is extremely rare.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
In my opinion, there is no such difference. I always try to be patient and wait for good cards.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are players who take freerolls seriously but there are a hell of a lot that don't. I find buy in tournaments even with small buy ins provide much better chance of cashing as your facing less loose fishy moves.

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they play differently, are more at risk than in the paid tournaments

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on the field, you could found freerolls better played than buyins. As example the card chat comunitie freerolls,peaple plays a beautifull poker. But in general micro reagion and freerolls are fulled with new players how makes lot off crazy muves.

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, the average level of a freeroll player is very low, there is no liability, which means no risk pay. When freeroll players play tournaments for personal money, their game is more responsible and thoughtful. For example, the situation at the beginning of a freeroll is common when a player goes all-in with any two. In buy-in tournaments this is extremely rare.

totally agree. although a lot of the micro tournaments play similar to freerolls. I think you have to get to the $3 range before people really start playing serious... Then again at the start of every tournament everyone seems to be crazy!

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, of course, they are very different, but not for all players. Also important is the size of the tournament's buy-in, so often there are inadequate players in tournaments with low buy-ins. The main difference is that in freerolls you can play as you like, because in any case you will not lose anything.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are significantly different from buy-in's . Buy-in play is usually played with strategy, discipline and thought while Freerolls are usually played with reckless abandon.

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
g

Of course there is a big difference between freeroll and money .When you pay buy in you play totally responsible than a freeroll.I do the same thing when playing freeroll ....

Flatran

Flatran

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my case, the gameplay and strategy do not differ much between freerolls and buy-in tournaments, but I suppose that in freerolls most players can play a much more open range of hands than the abitual, which Sometimes it can make it more difficult.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes Obviously , you have money invested so now you're not just gonna sit back and donk it off (unless you have the money to and just don't care). Freerolls literally the only thing you're investing is time , and if you're doing them at work like I do , the amount of care you have in them is little to none.

naydanazar

naydanazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do participants in freerolls play significantly different than they would if they were in a "pay to play" tournament? What are your thoughts?
It is so different, since you do not risk at freerolls and you can shove all cards, and when you play for real money, you cautiously treat each card distributed:playingba:playingba

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are very loose play and very difficult to win.

Buyins are hard as well to but a little more restraint.

howiefig

howiefig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]when I get bored playing, either as a buyin or as a freeroll player, I play all or nothing, it does not matter who is playing, or in what modality, I simply want to finish the game and it does not matter if it is freeroll or paid, this is in my case[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)] [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)], regards.[/COLOR]​

Freeroll Passwords