Freerolls, Preflop

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just finished three online freeerolls, two on ACR and one on 888. The biggest problem I have noticed with these free rolls is the propensity for players to go all in pre flop. So in defence one pretty well has to limp with decent hands and then decide to call the all in or go all in yourself, it really defeats the idea of 3xBB starting bets, unless you are prepared to go all in....more like Bingo than Poker...Sure would be nice to find MTTs where players actually make bets other than all in, all in, all in.....frustrating...

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately this is the way it is with freerolls. People try to 5x their stack size right in the beginning without playing poker. Best bet is to play the freerolls that are password protected to protect yourself from the fish.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty much that is how it goes. Got to just wait for when they do not and when you catch something good on the flop let them go all in into you. Survive the first hour and things smooth out for the most part. It is frustrating though, but it will not change.

D

dayontour

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brave Freefoll Players

Amazing how brave players are when its a Freeroll. Soon as its there own money, even a $1 or $2 they play sooo different.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
True that raising in freerolls in less advantageous because of all ins and because you will get five callers a lot but I would not completely look at it negatively. I would look at it from the sense that if they are going all in a lot then they must be going in light many times and then you can play snug, look for a premium hand and call their jam. You usually will have the better of it and chip up

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freeroll Magic

Thanks for the replies, I am beginning to realize that free rolls need to be played a little more casual, not too seriously. I was on an 888 Poker freeroll this AM and hit a table that was a complete limpers, no kidding the players limped check check and maybe bet the river. I watched for a few hands and thought I would join the fun so I limped with garbage caught a pair on the flop checked and pot bet the turn yep they all folded. I did this for four or five hands sometimes betting the river or flop and won all, but as they say all good things come to an end, I hit AKs and was all in against three players,, they all beat me, ugh, followed a few hands later with QQ all in and out. I guess one could say nothing ventured nothing gained or lost for that matter,,It was fun though. Now to retrain myself to real poker,,lol

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, sometimes it is frustrating, but try to use it to your advantage. I usually make notes about such players, and quite often, thanks to such players, I manage to double down.

Freeroll Passwords