• Thread starter grindmylifeaway
  • Start date
grindmylifeaway

grindmylifeaway

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've recently been playing more poker online and usually like to get back in to the swing of things by playing a couple of freerolls. Lately I've been feeling like the play is so wild and random that the variance from bad players making horrible plays just makes it feel like adjusting to such "wild-style play" will over all hurt my game once I get back into playing micro and mid stakes tourneys. Am I right or just over analyzing??..

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just have to find the fine line between the two entirely different kinds of tournaments. Sure in freerolls people tend to play much crazier, but as long as you switch back to your normal playstyle in regular tournaments there should be no problem. If you feel like you can't adjust properly, maybe let go of the freerolls.

A

audacity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could look at it as practice how bad game play can? get? heh

Low prize freerolls no doubt bring out the bipolar betting in everyone.

Destruct51

Destruct51

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Different speeds to the game, must not worry of donks in freeroll. play your game and have fun, its free

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Play as usual . You can go a little crazy ! The game is not for your money ? That's fun !

theothermj

theothermj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play like a donk more in free rolls. Having said that...when I don't (or get lucky early) I just wait it out and by the time your down in the 30's-50's people left it starts getting more quality play

theothermj

theothermj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play like a donk more in free rolls. Having said that...when I don't (or get lucky early) I just wait it out and by the time your down in the 30's-50's people left it starts getting more quality play

To clarify that....the $10 free rolls are the ones I will often go all in early to build a stack. The $25-$100 ones I try to play smarter

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
revolution network

the freerolls on intertops poker are lots of fun . of course early in the tourneys the variance is huge , but as others have noted, play becomes more reasonable deeper in the events .

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that although it is true that there are many crazy people playing freerols this does not mean that if we play well the different stages of a tournament we can not win prizes

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think to be ready for any kind of play from any player makes you a good poker player. These are all choices. Do I call? Should I gamble here? Can I bully the table?

T

TJH90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to stack up early, then get more serious the deeper you go.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You aren't over thinking if your not putting your money in when you're favored to win you would only hurt your pride by making a laydown when you're bluff. If your just playing looking to snap someone then yeah it can create some habits you'll have to get away from. Every game has a way to increase your odds to win

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've recently been playing more poker online and usually like to get back in to the swing of things by playing a couple of freerolls. Lately I've been feeling like the play is so wild and random that the variance from bad players making horrible plays just makes it feel like adjusting to such "wild-style play" will over all hurt my game once I get back into playing micro and mid stakes tourneys. Am I right or just over analyzing??..

I think you are right, with all the loose players the only way to play is with lesser hands which could lead to bad habits.

SoCalGrndR1

SoCalGrndR1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to practice with freerolls. I know that in the early stages the variance on play is very wide. I like to play very tight-aggressive and look for players that are extremely loose in the beginning hour(s), look for opportunities to exploit. I also dont try to play a lot of hands in the beginning with many players. As these tournaments progress I typically find players that are knowledgeable and play with strategy.

Part of what I look at, did I make the right decision regardless of the outcome. That part for me will always be helpful.

SoCal

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is poker,,,whether its played on the side of a mountain with little rocks.:alberteinIf you have skills,those skills can win you hands at any level.

2Rockets2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
King of agree

I think to be ready for any kind of play from any player makes you a good poker player. These are all choices. Do I call? Should I gamble here? Can I bully the table?
Since i started playing freerolls i find myself playing way to fast and bluffing to much i get the idea that its not real i realy think it does to some extent.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a matter of adjusting your game you will not always play against crazy players and you can win them over and over again but in the long run if you play well and you know how to play you will win more times:D

M

MarineCJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are not disciplined enough i can see where they hurt you. Freerolls are not poker a lot of times, more like Bingo early. The bad beats could bring a person down thinking they played it wrong when they did not, and start adjusting their play.

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are better than playing wsop or something for only play money. Those players are crazy....

uriell

uriell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls have a strong dissipation, so it's unlikely to win anything in them. A lot of players are playing.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, for me in the early stages of the frerolls encontrás players who play wildly. But then in the late stages of tournaments encontras players start to play much better. If you already have your style and strategy game, it does not have to change that style. I hope you serve my answer.

P

pecam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you really want to win money on freeroll, you have to adjust your play and don't try to bluff. You only play the best cards on the flop turn rivers or you make all in with the good hands. Than you will make money. If they pay with ugly cards then the luck will be more and more with you than with him

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without any proof, I also feel that the bingo play early in MTT's increases variance, actually worse, that it reduced ROI.
I've just accepted it as part of poker.
And yes, depending the day, in a freeroll I might join the bingo when the others keep playing bingo. And no, it's not profitable (usually).

The Boss

The Boss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A big problem with freerolls is that they typically have faster blind levels than other tournaments so in some cases you end up moving all-in frequently just to keep up.

Freeroll Passwords