Freerolls

J

jetforce

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hey guys
so im just trying to get the hang of online poker and been playing predominately freerolls

But what do people do in freerolls

1/Go hard early and try to double up asap?

2/ Go slow and be patient and be the tortoise that wins the race

Ninja Jyraia

Ninja Jyraia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are made for those who go hard early and try to double,but we have those litle percentage that go slow and be patient.I like freerolls but I prefer tourneys with buy in 50ç ,55ç 25ç,1,50$.

Last edited:
Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I play in a freeroll as well as in a regular tournament.

H

have

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JUST KEEP ROLLING

best to do both and witch times the cards you have but slowing has helped me . for another may not . depends on the player . what you ca can takk . just keep rolling and grinding and most of all have fun.
havefunAA see you at the tables :)

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the beginning of a freeroll tournament, I think most players go all in to get as much chips as they can that way they can wait for good hands the rest of the tournament and if they lose they don't lose anything because the tournament is free.

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with above. Splash around early to try and build chips then stick to ABC.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to see cheap flops with lower hand, especially suited connectors and hope to hit trips or straight on flop. Can slow play and get people going all in with overcards or one pair and then you can double or triple up.

Once blinds start getting higher relative to average stack, if I got a nice stack, I’ll sit back a bit and watch people go all in all over the place. Then can settle down and play normally.

E

ElRosado

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never adjust your game based on the buyin of the game. Play poker in all instances is my advice.

D

da22duke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most players try to double up quick and if they fail they just register for the next one. As much as I’m not a fan of it, if I get AJ or better early I’m probably all in because you will always get that J4 off call. I’ll take my chances

hemlok

hemlok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YEH FREEROLL TOURNAMENTS OF THE MEAGRE DENOMINATIONS CAN BE FRUSTRATING AS COWBOYS GO ALL IN CONSTANTLY WITHOUT ANY STRATEGIC THOUGHT.
MADDENING!

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They can be pretty frustrating. I just finished one where I went all in with KK and got called by 6,8os and 8,8. Cards same 7,6,5,9,7 so they both made straights and busted me. I can see the 8,8 calling but 6,8 is crazy with two others all in already.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
many freerolls are turbos, or hyper and you can not expect to have good hands, many times you should try to double your chips as soon as possible to be able to advance in the tournament

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play tight. Most players are bad at freerolls. Be patient, play solid ranges.

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't Just play tight, I wanna action, so I play loose agressive in the early stages and make people fold turn and River... Of course sometimes It get hard and I have to fold, but since I create a Nice Stack I start to play selected hands

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey guys
so im just trying to get the hang of online poker and been playing predominately freerolls

But what do people do in freerolls

1/Go hard early and try to double up asap?

2/ Go slow and be patient and be the tortoise that wins the race

you can play many hands when the blinds are low unless their are mad men raising like crazy, otherwise you should what for playable hands. If they are really wild you need to wait for a premium hand otherwise you will get knocked out early. After the cowboys are gone you can start playing normal poker.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My noble friend, if one day in the future you are accepted into the CC club, you will realize that the level of the competitors are professional levels. CardsChat's freerolls are the best in the world made up of members of the CC club, and leaderboard leaders are at the top because they are the guys who make the least mistakes. There is no bluff! If you want to pay an allin with a top pair, you can be sure that the game will end for you because you will face a three of a kind, from above. So to play the CC freeroll study, study and evolve.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You got to have a lot of patience playing freerolls because a lot of people like to go all in constantly

A

acecrissy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i really want to play freerolls

hello i just became a member because i love to play freerolls to better my skills
:eek::D

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was not yet a member of the club, but already then I realized that here, in the majority, there are already experienced players of the experienced community.
I immediately said that the club's freerolls are valuable not only for creating a bankroll, but also for an excellent gaming experience than regular freerolls with large fields of different players.
just for the sake of it is worth to be in the club and observe its rules.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls (in general) are great as they teach us a few things.

One is that the odds are just that, odds - not certainties. Since a lot of folks play anything from any position for any amount in freerolls you learn quickly that even the worst possible starting hands beat out the best possible starting hands a percentage of the time. If not for freerolls, we would rarely see these sorts of unlikely situations actually play out.

They also teach us that shoving (all-in) pre-flop pretty much turns the game of poker into a game of bingo. You shove, I shove, we all shove. The more people in the pot the less useful are the odds.

While the game of poker is also all about position - position is irrelevant if everyone shoves pre-flop.

Freerolls in the CC Freeroll Club are quite different though. You do see a higher calibre of play a lot of the time. You do see folks trying to play poker rather than bingo. The odds and position regain their relevance. In other words, CC is a great place to learn and practice poker for free. If you really want to up your game try the CC League. The calibre of play is even that much higher, and it's also free.

Last edited:
Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are great as they teach us a few things.

One is that the odds are just that, odds - not certainties. Since a lot of folks play anything from any position for any amount in freerolls you learn quickly that even the worst possible starting hands beat out the best possible starting hands a percentage of the time. If not for freerolls, we would rarely see these sorts of unlikely situations actually play out.

They also teach us that shoving (all-in) pre-flop pretty much turns the game of poker into a game of bingo. You shove, I shove, we all shove.
agree freerolls give the opportunity to see for free many situations in poker bad and good give us the opportunity to understand over time our mistakes without investing anything. just everyone decides how to play the freeroll. either play as an experienced player or simply as a child in a sandbox.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
My noble friend, if one day in the future you are accepted into the CC club, you will realize that the level of the competitors are professional levels. CardsChat's freerolls are the best in the world made up of members of the CC club, and leaderboard leaders are at the top because they are the guys who make the least mistakes. There is no bluff! If you want to pay an allin with a top pair, you can be sure that the game will end for you because you will face a three of a kind, from above. So to play the CC freeroll study, study and evolve.

CC freerolls are really tough there are many strong opponents but on the other hand by no bluffing you will always be really predictable ;) Balance is the key to success!!

To answer the main thread question here ,I play very tight at the beginning of a freeroll and I see some cheap flop only with some speculative hands in later positions in order to flop good.Don't call any two early in the tournament because it will cost you valuable chips!

If the tournament is a turbo just go fold fold and play only premiums. The above strategy works for me so far!

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CC freerolls are really tough there are many strong opponents but on the other hand by no bluffing you will always be really predictable ;) Balance is the key to success!!

To answer the main thread question here ,I play very tight at the beginning of a freeroll and I see some cheap flop only with some speculative hands in later positions in order to flop good.Don't call any two early in the tournament because it will cost you valuable chips!

If the tournament is a turbo just go fold fold and play only premiums. The above strategy works for me so far!
Bluffing is an integral part of poker. without it the game would be boring. element of deception and cunning and is the charm of this game)

Freeroll Passwords