freerolls

S

spinnyc

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are free rolls a waste of time? thats what most poele say when i ask them about free-rolls what do you think?

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the prize pool. I played a super turbo one with a $20 prize pool. Won 3 cents! Not worth it but larger prize pools can definitely be worth it especially the free rolls that are offered to a certain group as opposed to being completely free ( eg first deposit, level up, ticket, etc).

Jane Franklin

Jane Franklin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First -- its a good training for the beginners
Second -- you can win some cash and start yr poker career from zero, so no need to pay by yourself
Third -- you can win few sattelites and at least win a lot of money in normal tourntaments throu sattelites

S I advice to play them

T

Tigerchef

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I find they are good to see all the different types of players. You have to run good and win several flips. Also be prepared to lay down good hands

J

Joeypop82

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Exp.

freerolls are always gr8 to play use them to try different ranges of cards and different play styles...

Ninja Jyraia

Ninja Jyraia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are free rolls a waste of time? thats what most poele say when i ask them about free-rolls what do you think?
I don`t think so.I won 100$ on freerolls and it wasn´t waste of time.

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
some are if there isnt much of a prize pool and thousands of entrants--but look at leaderboard above and you can see that there is money to be made

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they are ok once you get rid of the bingo players, you can work on different strategies with no risk

A

Andy_mirON

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) Use them for training in order to learn how to read the different players and to use different strategies and play styles
2) Some of them have a pretty good prize to help start your poker career without investing their own funds

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes if you know basics and play freerolls every day you can even earn more money than playing nl2 in long run (for example 1 month). One win or one of the top place can be more profitable than 20-30 days of grind on nl2.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I like to play freerolls. I think this is a great opportunity to build an initial bankroll.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll in the late stages is no different from the tournament for money. Especially in the game of freerolls you can lose the starting bankroll.

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I thinf If you play without a strategy or a game plan you are doing It wrong And wasting your time...
A good point as other people said is that you can start a bankroll from 0... A bad point is that people play Very Very bad poker at this tournaments you Will not learn How to play correct, because when you turn into sit And go you Will see that are poker styles with a Lot of diferences between them

D

danielcai

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the prize pool and the structure. If the prize pool is small and/or only small amount of places are paid. Say 10 places are paid with prize pool of $10 when 1000 players are playing in the freeroll, then I don't think it is worth playing since the time you spent on it with low possibility to win is not worth it.

P

palillo22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
saludos

hola gente, solo se habla ingles o alguien entiende español....Hello people, only English is spoken or someone understands Spanish

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the prize pool and the structure. If the prize pool is small and/or only small amount of places are paid. Say 10 places are paid with prize pool of $10 when 1000 players are playing in the freeroll, then I don't think it is worth playing since the time you spent on it with low possibility to win is not worth it.
Agreed and it's best to only play the best hands or hands with a very high possibility of winning! Single out the loose players and you'll most likely have to go all in pre-flop when that time comes to give yourself a chance of winning! And avoid limp pots and limping on the whole! This way you'll see a difference! Players tend to play more loose in freerolls and to win or cash you need to play tight aggressive to stand a chance!

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hola gente, solo se habla ingles o alguien entiende español....Hello people, only English is spoken or someone understands Spanish
Yes this is an English only forum!

S

shadow72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once you get past the sheer lunacy of some of the players in the early stages of the tournament, freerolls can be a great way to learn a variety of aspects of the game while having the chance to win a small prize without any cost to you.

But those first few levels can be absolute madness because of the numerous donk plays.

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
they are ok once you get rid of the bingo players, you can work on different strategies with no risk
There's always a risk when trying new strategies since every hand costs chips! You probably meant to say the risk will be less or little? That'll only work on certain types of players and not necessarily good players because they'll exploit you during the game!

Terrell423

Terrell423

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like playing freeroll but it's a harder tournament because usually people don't care or take more chances bc they have nothing to loose

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like freerolls as a beginner
you can create a bankroll. for the development of discipline and patience, to try to find experience, even though who plays them and how many people. You have to play your game and learn from the mistakes. Freerolls are a free polygon for this exercise

Honeybuns666

Honeybuns666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting past the initial all iners is quite rough but you can build a pretty big chip stack if you play smart. The worst part about freerolls is how little places get paid compared to the field. You Can play for hours and still not win anything. I still like to play some when I have nothing else to do. If you join different card clubs they normally have good weekend freerolls with only a few hundred people .

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting past the initial all iners is quite rough but you can build a pretty big chip stack if you play smart. The worst part about freerolls is how little places get paid compared to the field. You Can play for hours and still not win anything. I still like to play some when I have nothing else to do. If you join different card clubs they normally have good weekend freerolls with only a few hundred people .
for this and want to become a member of the club in order to be able to play a better game in them.

T

Tigerchef

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i enjoy freerolls because it lets me try out different strategies and different ways to play certain hands for free

Duraphig

Duraphig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am currently mostly playing freerolls trying to build my bankroll and to help with some learning. It is nice being able to start out playing for free with a chance to win small amounts. It also gives you a chance to work on things like odds and ranges without having to risk money to do those things especially starting out.

I have gotten pickier about my freeroll play though. At first it was any and every freeroll. Now I just do the ones with halfway decent prize amounts. There are a lot of freerolls out there so playing the better payout ones is nice and it gives me some time to watch videos, read articles, etc... if I skip the really small ones and only play the decent ones.

Freeroll Passwords