Play aggressively, play for a week not for money, but for free

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just don't get upset if you get sucked out on or have a really bad beat. A lot of players play super crazy in the first couple levels to try to build a stack. Sometimes it's good to play like that to build quick. If you get knocked out, just remember you always have another freeroll.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Play to enjoy the game. You are not risking anything.

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to learn to play and make a bankroll you have to play acutely and focused.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
Dont go too crazy in the beginning, youll see a lot of all-in's. If you pass this phase then you are in a good position to earn some cash or tickets. Good luck

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I actually coached a friend in a freeroll the other day and it depends largely on the structure.

if you're playing a tournament that starts deep (200+ big blinds) try to see as many flops as you can early on for 1-3 big blinds. People give a lot of action with just one pair after the flop so you can get paid out well (just be cautious yourself)

this gives you a chance to get ahead of the big blinds before they start rising, and if you miss the flops, no worries, you invested a little.

As for playing big pots, make sure you have strong hands AJ minimum, but usually medium to big pairs like 99+ and AK. People will happily get all their money in preflop with almost anything, so it's nice to have hands which can have a 70% favorite.

Be patient once the blinds get really big, and hoe to run well in your all-ins.

As the previous posters said too, don't expect too too much because the odds are against you in fields this big, but the payoff can be quite nice for an investment of 0!

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
If your time is worth something: play them fast.

As soon as the stacks are between 10-25BB all-in with any pair and almost any Ax. And often good suited connectors. A little tighter with the calling of an all-in.

Post flop: bluff less and value bet thinner in general.

You just have to win a lot of coin flips if the structure isn't deep and slow (almost never the case with freerolls today).

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I start out playing tight and try to take advantage of the aggressive all in players if I get a good starting hand . Usually after the first hour play goes back to normal .

V

vasilijskaidans

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
is it possible to win something from freerolls?

F

Fatman0912

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really play it any differently from other tournaments I play.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I found that in freerolls everyone is looking for the quick double up..all-in! Everyone is trying to build a large chipstack and they play aggressively mainly because it's free. Have patience and be ready to catch someone.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good evening. In Freerolls I play as if I were playing a tournament worth a good prize but in Freerolls you will face players pushing all in the drill which increases your chance of losing even with a set.:)

pokergopher

pokergopher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tips on how to play free tournament

Play super tight at the early levels, but doubt be afraid to shove all in with the monster starting hands such as AA or KK. As the tournament progresses listen up a bit and try to stay ahead of the blinds.

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play aggressively. Be aggressive, but only if you were able to collect a lot of chips. Not risk. If your stack is comfortable for the passage of prizes, and at the table intelligent and aggressive partners who know how to "push the bubble" , do not risk relegation from the tournament