Freeroll Suckouts

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had been away from playing poker for 15 years so I thought I'd play online. I recently joined ACR and have been playing the Freeroll tournaments to get back into the swing of the game. My play has been decent, but it seems that 80 percent of the times when I am all in with the best hand, the other guy seems to suck out. Has anyone had this issue or is it just me? The other day I went against this player who has fewer chips than me and he re-raised my raise so I put him all in. I had KK he had 33. They flopped a 3 and I lost more than half of my chips, but still had a nice stack. On the next hand the same guy came over the top so I put him all in and he called my
suited
AQ with A3 off suit. He hit runner, runner to make a straight and send me home. What could I have done? Not much as far as a see it.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Sadly suckouts happen. Not much you can do about them. You just have to remember the times when you did it to someone else..hahaha. Enjoy the game.

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks

Sadly suckouts happen. Not much you can do about them. You just have to remember the times when you did it to someone else..hahaha. Enjoy the game.

I do, but those have been much less. Good luck at the tables.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You will find (in about a week) that the CC Freeroll Club has better players. This means your results will far less often be determined by all in showdowns preflop. The games become more chess than chance.

Good luck and hang in there.

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR Freeroll

You will find (in about a week) that the CC Freeroll Club has better players. This means your results will far less often be determined by all in showdowns preflop. The games become more chess than chance.

Good luck and hang in there.

I look forward to that. The other day I had to go so I starting making calls I usually don't and I caught two guys trying to bluff me with busted draws.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Suckouts are a part of life in poker. Sometimes the variance is on your side and it benefits you, other times you're on the short end of the stick. In times where you may notice or get frustrated by how many suckouts are happening in a game, try to think of it over a longer period of time rather than just in the moment and how fortunate or unfortunate the suckout is and you'll be less frustrated by it.

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks

Suckouts are a part of life in poker. Sometimes the variance is on your side and it benefits you, other times you're on the short end of the stick. In times where you may notice or get frustrated by how many suckouts are happening in a game, try to think of it over a longer period of time rather than just in the moment and how fortunate or unfortunate the suckout is and you'll be less frustrated by it.

Thank you. It just sucks when you play well and others beat you on pure luck. Hopefully it will even out.

M

MrRag3r14

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Free rolls are tough man I have finished in the money but since it’s free you have a lot of unpredictable players, who don’t follow any common sense. It’s tough and frustrating, however I enjoy them still it kills time but I don’t get my hopes up.

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Free rolls are tough man I have finished in the money but since it’s free you have a lot of unpredictable players, who don’t follow any common sense. It’s tough and frustrating, however I enjoy them still it kills time but I don’t get my hopes up.

I guess that's a good way of looking at it. I just won't take it so serious.Thanks

I

Ishnock

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Discipline is required online. That works for me . I don’t do all ins until after the river or turn. To see all ins preflop just makes no sense to me. Nothing has been properly calculated.

Poker should be less about chance and more about strategy. Sometimes you get put in an all in situation because you’re low on chips, or the player is repeatedly hitting you with them, and you know he isn’t going to have a killer hand all the time. And you can’t just let the blinds and ante kill your stack.

People have a hard time with folding, but folding will get you the overall win more than the all ins.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I manage to win with a weaker hand, I know it's just luck. It happens very rarely. Welcome back to poker!

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Discipline is required online. That works for me . I don’t do all ins until after the river or turn. To see all ins preflop just makes no sense to me. Nothing has been properly calculated.

Poker should be less about chance and more about strategy. Sometimes you get put in an all in situation because you’re low on chips, or the player is repeatedly hitting you with them, and you know he isn’t going to have a killer hand all the time. And you can’t just let the blinds and ante kill your stack.

People have a hard time with folding, but folding will get you the overall win more than the all ins.

That makes a lot of sense. It sounds like you know poker well. I am saving your post to my desktop. Good luck at the tables and see you at the wsop in 2021. Thank you for sharing.

I

Ishnock

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That makes a lot of sense. It sounds like you know poker well. I am saving your post to my desktop. Good luck at the tables and see you at the WSOP in 2021. Thank you for sharing.

haha. I'm just a regular player. nothing special. I doubt if I will ever be at the WSOP. only thing I have going for me is discipline rules....I'm not good at bluffing, which I think you have to be able to do just a little to really get far in big tournaments.....

AleksejPog

AleksejPog

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you. It just sucks when you play well and others beat you on pure luck. Hopefully it will even out.

Yes, yesterday it happened to me twice, but I think that you don’t need to be upset about this, you need to play well and it will bear fruit

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had been away from playing poker for 15 years so I thought I'd play online. I recently joined ACR and have been playing the Freeroll tournaments to get back into the swing of the game. My play has been decent, but it seems that 80 percent of the times when I am all in with the best hand, the other guy seems to suck out. Has anyone had this issue or is it just me? The other day I went against this player who has fewer chips than me and he re-raised my raise so I put him all in. I had KK he had 33. They flopped a 3 and I lost more than half of my chips, but still had a nice stack. On the next hand the same guy came over the top so I put him all in and he called my
suited
AQ with A3 off suit. He hit runner, runner to make a straight and send me home. What could I have done? Not much as far as a see it.

You fell victim to the dreaded freeroll moron. They are everywhere on ACR. I've been one on occasion. Or I've taken a bad beat in a tourney and need to let off some steam by going all in with jackshit and screwing someone over. It's a good way to let off tilt.

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You fell victim to the dreaded freeroll moron. They are everywhere on ACR. I've been one on occasion. Or I've taken a bad beat in a tourney and need to let off some steam by going all in with jackshit and screwing someone over. It's a good way to let off tilt.

I've learned that. I recently started making some calls that I normally don't do and many of the hands I came across were crap hands. Won many of these hands of course. Thanks

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the free ones are 80% lucky and 20% skill you must understand that these things happen since most players play very loose in almost all hands because there is no buy-in

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the free ones are 80% lucky and 20% skill you must understand that these things happen since most players play very loose in almost all hands because there is no buy-in

No doubt. Good luck to you.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
guy often freeroll tournaments will always have these kind of players there is no way myself yesterday in the cardschat freeroll i took 2 bad for the same player that aroused my suspicion of being hack for having paid my hand knowing that i was going to lose and on the river winning me with a low kick he eliminated me on the same next move. so a freeroll is a tournament to take the concentration away from the tight player!

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do, but those have been much less. Good luck at the tables.

You put your chips when you have best hand. 70% or better against one player. How much better could you have played. Same thing would happen to most of us.

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
suited

I feel you bro, but it's called variance, unfortunately in every hand the oponents will have a small but true mathematical chance, the thing here is to make the right decision. Don't be too hard on yourself, good players usualy get more bads. :icon_bigs

Last edited:
Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

100% correct - but OP, here's something else to keep in mind. If you are finding that you are putting yourself IN these situations more often than not, you're playing well, and the results will reflect that in the long run.

I agree to a point, because I find that the first part of any freeroll is VERY high in variance as a general rule. You will see plays that are very puzzling to you, and you're thinking to yourself "WTF is with this player???".

Here's where I stop agreeing with you. Let's take the GG Poker #Stayhome freerolls for example. They are played hourly, and capped at 1k players. Once you get to about the final 200 players or so, the play becomes LESS swingy, and this is where you can use your skill to your advantage. Here, you are facing players that have managed to make it through the higher variance period of the tournament, and now you can start to play a little less ABC poker.

Your approach to these should vary by table draw and overall tournament situation. What you do in the first part of the tournament should differ from what you do here, as it would differ when you are closer to the money, and then once you are in the money.

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You put your chips when you have best hand. 70% or better against one player. How much better could you have played. Same thing would happen to most of us.
Thanks buddy!

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
B7est of luck in the pursuit. You have to survive 7 days without going tilt despite the bad beats. And protect your stack. One bad beat and your get below 20 BB and you become chum in the water. Every one goes after the short stacks.