Freeroll with stupid addons and rebuys

T

t0b4cc0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

Yesterday I played really good in a freeroll tournament on 888 poker and I got to be about 25th of many hundreds of players.

Then at a late stage everyone but me and 1 other at the table bought 300k chips for 30cent. Wich is 10 times more than my 30k stack that I ammassed (started on 1k). I was nearly chipleader.

Its really hard to play vs people that have 10x your stack.

I played like an hour and I was sure to make it so I get a ticket (the prize was a ticket for another tournament and I already was close to the money). Then everyone ****s the freeroll and pays money anyways... its so stupid.

We also had one dude on the table who went allin every hand and just rebuy endless. (he did that shortly before the addon period started) It was relly dumb.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Money talks, my friend :)

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No one is able to know the because of the existence of this factor, since all we do things thinking about what is best for us and with the intention of achieving this objective, but there is something in the world that makes certain factors may convert a good action in a bad action for the benefit of others in a very short time. It is SO GOOD THAT YOU HAD A VICTORY.!!!

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes i dont understand that too. freerolls should be without Rebuys and Addons since they are already a big Donkfest. By offering Rebuys and Addons they even more become a Game of Luck as people rebuy after rebuy and just shove Hand after Hand. I hope Sites start to think about that a bit more in the Future.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes i dont understand that too. Freerolls should be without Rebuys and Addons since they are already a big Donkfest. By offering Rebuys and Addons they even more become a Game of Luck as people rebuy after rebuy and just shove Hand after Hand. I hope Sites start to think about that a bit more in the Future.
I'm sure they do think about it....they will do whatever they can to improve their profits

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Sometimes it is very unfair but you have to keep in mind that they are free tournaments and it gives you advantages for pennies since the poker platform tries to make some profit so they are with buyback and an ad on which they happen to be unfair, but there you enter Ability to play to achieve your goal you also have to know how to analyze this type of game because it is a good way to raise your bank with players who are very correct is the right way to play this time of tournaments.
For my part I played several freeroll dodne the ad on gave you 50 thousand chips times for 10 ctv. You also have to know how to analyze this type of game because it is a good way to raise your bank with suisidas players is the most correct way to play this time of tournaments but I achieved my goal and classify the main event

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes i dont understand that too. Freerolls should be without Rebuys and Addons since they are already a big Donkfest. By offering Rebuys and Addons they even more become a Game of Luck as people rebuy after rebuy and just shove Hand after Hand. I hope Sites start to think about that a bit more in the Future.

It's only fair game. Player who invest on rebuy and add on deserve a better chance of reward, this is Facts.
Sites - Make some profit from these game
Player without spending - Stand a chance even though it's slim
Player with spending - Stand a better chance

Now tell me, is it fair or stupid?

It's like, you pay $500 to fly economic class while i pay $1500 to fly business class. I was served with red wine and steak while you only have beer and chicken cutlet. Then you complain about unfair treatment?
Online sites is a company doing business to gain profit. It is a matter of survivor to make their business grow. They MUST attract players to patronize their platform to make the field and traffic. If it's always giving absolute free reward, there won't be anymore sites left to play. They aren't charity, they are profit making company.

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These are called freebuys not freerolls, and if you play them, tactic is to make it to the add-on without rebuying, and then buy the cheap chips. Personally I find this format a little silly, so I dont play them.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t understand the players who make allin in rebuy tournaments. If you look at the size of the prize, then it is not profitable to act this way. I try not to make rebuys. As for rebuys and add-ons on freerolls, the site needs profit and they will continue to hold such freerolls.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you look at the size of the prize, then it is not profitable to act this way.

In this format its actually a complete ICM disaster to play high variance before the add-on. Its almost like, the first phase of the tournament is a satellite, and making it to the add-on even with just a single chip is equivalent to winning a ticket for the target tournament.

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

Yesterday I played really good in a freeroll tournament on 888 poker and I got to be about 25th of many hundreds of players.

Then at a late stage everyone but me and 1 other at the table bought 300k chips for 30cent. Wich is 10 times more than my 30k stack that I ammassed (started on 1k). I was nearly chipleader.

I played like an hour and I was sure to make it so I get a ticket (the prize was a ticket for another tournament and I already was close to the money). Then everyone ****s the freeroll and pays money anyways... its so stupid.

We also had one dude on the table who went allin every hand and just rebuy endless. (he did that shortly before the addon period started) It was relly dumb.

It is better to stay open-minded before judging something to be stupid. It is not stupid for the site operator nor the players that can afford the rebuy. So 2/3 parties do not think something is stupid, so that you are out-numbered in your opinion.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you do not like these tournaments, you can play others. I do not see a problem.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sure they do think about it....they will do whatever they can to improve their profits

They way certain Pokersites are leaded and operate im not sure about that. Obviously every Company tries to maximize their profits but we saw a lot of bad decisions in the Past by various Sites.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you build it,,they will come,,, :eek:

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played freebuys a few times. I'm not interested in this format of the game. I believe that playing freebuys is a waste of personal time

J

johnsulliv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The freebuys your talking about are difficult without rebuys and the final add on, but never impossible.
I find that the start of those games is always the most challenging (starting with such small stacks)
I find the second satellite to be alot easier to defeat that the sub.

There are a few freerolls on 888 that offer a more balanced platform.... If your not willing to rebuy or add on.

Thank you for your time.

fenoz

fenoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I played freeroll with rebuy and in full volume I felt the difficulty of winning such a tournament. In total, 35 people were registered and only after 3 hours of the game the number of opponents began to decline. With me, one of them made a rebuy more than 20 times. They play almost any hand. As a result, taking the fourth place there was a feeling that I did not beat 35 people, but more than 150 ...

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like that format. Does not seem fair.

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like that format. Does not seem fair.

It is fair.
It's like if you spend $1 to buy a ticket of 1 combination of 1,000,000 probability of hitting the lottery while I spend $100 to buy 100 combination. My chances of striking is 100 times better than you.
I invest more to increase my chances.
Why is it not fair?

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NOT just a freeroll problem

I don't mind the add-ons or re-buys but within moderation. I feel the ability to have unlimited re-buys or an add-on that is 100x the starting stack then I think that is a little excessive.

The same goes for the length of some late registration periods. I can deal with 30 minutes or even an hour but I have seen some that last 170 minutes!!! That means playing a tournament for almost 3 hours before the number of players starts to drop, instead the number of players just keeps growing.

I get the whole 'well they are freerolls, the sites have to make money too' or the 'well it's only fair (basically if can pay, you deserve more)' BUT this isn't just an issue with freerolls, it's tournaments in general and it starts to take the fun away...

For example, I spend real money to register for a tournament with a buy-in and there are 150 players registered at the start of the tournament with 3 places paid. But then by the time the INSANE late registration period is over there are now 350 players registered and 90+ places paid. Like WTF!!!! I didn't spend my money to play in a tournament that's 1st place prize dropped from $20 to $5. Not to mention this tournament turned into an ALL day event just for $5.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents on it!

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a very unpleasant situation in my opinion. It makes no sense to start the tournament, if near the end of the opponents can buy chips.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Buy the addon, simple solution right?

Aldorabe

Aldorabe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi!

sometimes they don't give a lot of freerrol rewards and that's why they play like crazy

J

johnsulliv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do like the challenge, people rebuying constantly, and then adding on for a ginormous going from 2nd to 39 after the add on period.

It only makes a victory feel better if you do win (at least a seat)
:)

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These are the dumbest kind of tourneys there are. Unless you are going to add on there is no point in playing.