Freeroll Strategy

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how do you play at the beginning of a freeroll tournament?

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
double up I go all in with any 2 if there is 5 ppl in the hand. If i bust there is another in 30 minutes. Thats my strategy:)

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing deepstacked, you generally want to be tight and use bigger bet sizings. With that being said, you'll see a lot of recreational players in free rolls overplaying their hands preflop. You can try and exploit these weaker players with marginally strong hands, but there isn't much of a point when you can just wait for the big blinds to go up. Personally I like to late reg tournaments so I'm buying in closer to 15 - 30 BB. Especially with freerolls, you can always just reg another one if you don't make a deep run.

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I like to play my normal game as much as possible, and the more time i spend playing in a single freeroll the more serious i get, at the time is equally as valuable as the $ they're offering, of course always trying to improve/learn , don't get me wrong, serious doesn't mean cautious, lmao , serious means very focused on whoever has big stacks, my stack size , this relationship, and sorry if anyone gets caught up in the crossfire as I'm usually playing against the big stacks , ☆ singing ☆ ~re raise oooo la la ~ re raise ooooo la la ☆ :p

swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to keep shoving all in until i at least trippled up and then id start taking the freeroll seriously...but i learned that if you just wait a few hands till you at least get a strong-ish ace or a midish pocket pair or higher and wait to shove till you get those hands...you still get called by a ton of garbage...so if you wait just alittle bit to shove you get called by hands that you will more consistently beat. But once late registration is closed, tighten the heck up and dont play like a shove donkey.

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my next freerol tournaments, I will play it very relaxed and do the max allin and I'll see what happens, I'll tell you about it, thanks for your answers:laugh::laugh:

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There are a lot of all crazies playing. All in every hand early.Wait for a paint pair and call them, hopefully doubling up. You can't play early hoping to catch a flop, someone will be all in. Patience.

:damnmate:

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that just a little tight is good. But don't be afraid to bet big with decent holdings. You get called way more than you should. If you can avoid getting donked out on - not always easy- you can run deep pretty easily.

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freerolls very much insane players. Most often, they put non-standard rates. Ridiculous bets, which is why it is impossible to rotate any maneuver. The whole game is reduced to the all-in strategy. So, teach push-fold situation.;)

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I try to play with a bit of calm because in many freerolls players like to bet everything from the beginning, I think they go a little crazy, so I hope they calm down a bit, unless I really like the cards that I have try to make my normal game

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go allin early and often. Yeah- I'm that guy!

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in any case, most of the time, when I meet crazy players who put all time allin, I play tight, I fold a hand like that of R10 and I realize that I have the best hand, so I dont will deprive me more I play my hand when i have R or A:)

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I try got the chips maximum at the beginning of the tournament managed to force the pot increasingly in the closing stages of the tournament

MolonAA

MolonAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go all in with hands I show against a maximum of 2 players, because the range in some freerolls boils down to anything.

Vlad Tapu

Vlad Tapu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It s pretty hard to keep a strategy for freerolls or begginings of a freeroll tournament.
You ll find like maybe at least 60-70% of players playing chaotic... Like lottoo..
So, in my opinion, you can t have a strategy there..
Maybe just wait for the premium hands and hopefully random dudes will go all in with 7-2 off suited, runnin into your Aces or Kings. For small blinds, i meen.

S

Soulguard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
well frerolls in the begging u just play nutz like all others, good hands push 100bb even and hope to double a triple and wait for spots from fishes, latter on when in the money all play more tight its not that different from real money.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the beginning of freeroll tournaments, I try to stick to a tight-aggressive strategy. It is important to be patient and play only good starting hands. I try not to use bluff in freerolls.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally I play with a narrow range of starting cards at first. I open my game up as the game progresses. Examples of good starters for me are 88 and above, 10 J suited and above. Good starters after I've established a good size stack might be all pairs and all suited connectors and 1 and 2 gappers like 9 J or 9 q.

theothermj

theothermj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
double up I go all in with any 2 if there is 5 ppl in the hand. If i bust there is another in 30 minutes. Thats my strategy:)

Pretty much my strategy as well. I am learning to be more patient after I have a stack to play with. And they run so often as you say. I do not do this in club free rolls (as much) as many are worth more money and here at CC the players are too good to get away with it much in their (our) free rolls.

Other factors are if I have a quick errand I'll come back and play with whats left or if I get pulled away longer initially I try to double/triple up so I am still around when I get back

These free rolls are all about fun for me

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play aggressive in the beginning of a freeroll.

A

ashley8276

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freeroll strategy

I always shove all in in the beginning of the tourneys to double my chip stack
it gives me a better chance in making the money later on.

M

mitsuaha

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly I'll usually try to limp in early tournaments and wait for someone to "bluff" all-in. It happens. Check-push lol. Tighten down your hand selection because people will hit on the river. It's poker. I try to sneak a peak at the flop to hit a nut hand.

Otherwise, I'm tight until the blinds go up decent enough. I'm always watching my stack vs avg in tournament. I continue being TIGHT agg until late reg is over. Big stacked I will keep pressure up with a slightly wider range but am always wary of position. Respecting position is key just as much as hand selection, in my opinion.

The most interesting thing about MTT free rolls is the final table. It's such a different game entirely that you need to be prepared for it. Envision that! Also, conversly, heads-up changes it up again.

I tend to get more aggressive as tournaments roll on but am always on a narrow range.

nop9gok

nop9gok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerols

Hello everybody. There is no strategy, as fortune, gsc, decides so and will be.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read a tip from Annette Obrestad,'' play ABC poker, without making faroles''
In the freerolls have to play good cards, at least at first, many lanterns should not do, because most players pay with trash.
When a free tournament and is in advanced stage, you can play a little better.