Freeroll Strategy

Anjo

Anjo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have tested some strategies to be more successful in the Freeroll.I understand that to be a game where the players do not invest money that everyone is playing more relaxed, entering hands in a game with investment not enter.
I also understand that poker is a game of skill, malice, trickery and also quite daring.
You should not wait for the perfect five cards to start betting.
Be you the protagonist of the table, take risks, be bold.
Above all use their skills plus good luck you benefited at some point.

Good game!

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The way I look at it, I am trying to put myself in a good position to get lucky. In the later stages of a freeroll, I need to make it into the money before risking it all to win.

777jeton777

777jeton777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have tested some strategies to be more successful in the Freeroll.I understand that to be a game where the players do not invest money that everyone is playing more relaxed, entering hands in a game with investment not enter.
I also understand that poker is a game of skill, malice, trickery and also quite daring.
You should not wait for the perfect five cards to start betting.
Be you the protagonist of the table, take risks, be bold.
Above all use their skills plus good luck you benefited at some point.

Good game!
skill. stealth. insidiousness. anger. I would still add intuition and patience here and you can play))) it seems to me that just to play in a freeroll you need patience to fish. Which is a lot in freerolls.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's some good advice I am going to try that at times. a number of times when I just fold every hand and wait for the best hand it doesn't always hold up.I am going to try that for playing different hands. not extremely bad hands but hands I wouldn't normally play.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Each day I see a lot of crazy things of bad players, and a lot of good players trying to maximize their earns, sometimes is difficult to read the opponent with few hands.

Try to play with the maximum concetration possible, make notes, put the players in a range, don't get involved in situations what you need to count with lucky.

Start playing tight, while the time is passing you have to wide your range and use more agressive strategies against some stacks. Select with carefull when go to a coinflip.

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sklansky has an amazing theory about the less flops you see the better in NL MTTs.

so I guess his advice his shove more often, dont kid yourself that you are the genius of finesse.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You need to use the strategy that works for you. If you win, everything is in order.

Mexcrow

Mexcrow

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All the comments are very helpful as I was questioning my play after placing in a few then to not making the money at all

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it me or even the freeroll field is getting better and better everyday? I mean yes it may still have a lot of fishes but I dont find those constantly all-in donkeys anymore. Maybe cause the only freerolls I play is cardschat and pokerstars league.

Anyway, I am not sure if I want to tell my freeroll secret cause since I find it I am getting better and better positions on freerolls everyday. But here is what you should do. You should aim to triple or quadraple your starting stack before the first break. If you do that before the break start playing only aces, kings, queens, and generally premium hands. Most of the time you will go to the break with a good stack size and the field would be half or even less. Keep going from break to break with this strategy in mind until you reach final table. And when you hit it big, donate some cents to my Astrahan33 pokerstars account:D:D:D

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i don't know why, but i tend to play better in FREEROLLS than in MTTs :confused::confused:
maybe because my bankroll is $0 and i try to win money in freerolls and i almost always do. In MTTs, its a lot different, way above my skill level perhaps??
but i get what youre saying. maybe i play with this strategy lol

stackedmegaman

stackedmegaman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls are fun, and always seem like a total luck based tourney, especially in the early game.
my strategy that seems to work great, is to be very tight in the early game...once the field thins out about half, start to really take more risks and be more aggresive.
always nice to double up early and ride that wave to the deep.
GL

Empress

Empress

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, freerolls are fun! But the players obviously don't have anything to "lose" in the traditional sense, so the game play tends to be extremely loose in the first 1-5 levels. Even once the majority of the all-in players have been weeded out and the antes have increased, you'll have players that opt to go all-in on a good hand rather than play it out. Kind of frustrating.

Justin Bloomquist

Justin Bloomquist

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have had success lately just calling when I was in late position and continuing it until I get to 90 players. Then I play my normal ABC poker. It has worked for me winning money in freerolls. I have also learned not to hero call reckless opponents. I hope this helps.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
My freeroll strategy is very simple.
I try to play as many freerolls as possible, and I always wait patiently for good cards.
Good luck.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Each day I see a lot of crazy things of bad players, and a lot of good players trying to maximize their earns, sometimes is difficult to read the opponent with few hands.

Try to play with the maximum concetration possible, make notes, put the players in a range, don't get involved in situations what you need to count with lucky.

Start playing tight, while the time is passing you have to wide your range and use more agressive strategies against some stacks. Select with carefull when go to a coinflip.
Poker is an adventure. Many ways to plan, play with stats and learn about players and the way they think. I am a visual person. I take notes of my own play. I note my seating position and then what cards I played, the board and the result. I make a list of what cards work the best for me in what position. From there, I apply logic to my bet 1x, 2x, 3x. The rest is the nature of the table and lady luck. Works for me ..... sometimes. LOL.

polote21

polote21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to play with the maximum concetration,wait for good cards.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To win some money in free tournaments, you must play as many tournaments as you can. The free tournaments must play them aggressively, and win many chips, without fear of being eliminated, in the first levels do not bluff, play the abc of poker.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
the problem is that most players only want to bet everything on the first play, with any card they have, they do not care if the opponent wants to make a good game, in this type of tournament you must have a lot of patience and use a lot of intuition

F

formertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
two different games

i will enter some freerolls knowing that i don't have time to finish them. just play a few hands and go all in with whatever top pocket pair i might have and then if i get lucky again i'll try to hang out till the end, but mostly i'll try to call mostly preflop with a wide range of hands i should be raising with, but if i get raised all in i'll call it with any face card pair, or i'd like to see a flop. as the tournament goes on i tend towards more "normal" strategy. i wait for people to bet into me with rags or bottom pair or something and see what i can do to take all their chips lol

Miketheman190

Miketheman190

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play more conservative in a freeroll. You will be surprised how many people will give you their stack if you just wait and last. Then i get more aggressive around the bubble or final table. Even tho they haven't invested any money. After they have invested that much time they still want to get to the final table and the win just like any other tournament. I find most people get aggressive in the beginning to get a larger stack.

melodyman169

melodyman169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good thread. Thanks everybody for your opinions about freeroll strategy

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freeroll is a good way to learn how to play tournaments. my advice to you is to play all-in preflop more often to take the first place.

luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the best strategy in a free is to keep as much as you can in the tournament without needing to risk with so many crazy players the idea of ​​playing a free is because you do not have a lot of banking or you want extra money for a reason at the beginning it plays relaxed but not risk with so many crazy and strong hands play everything