Freeroll strategies

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1.Stay tight, avoid all ins unless you have strong hands.
2.If stacks are deep, overlimp often to see cheap flops.
3.Do not bluff. Ever. It's easy to blow away your stack by attempting to bluff freerollers whom you have no fold equity against.
4. Grit your teeth and push on. You won't win every freeroll but you certainly can get far using just these tips.

T

TrippinVinnie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
playing on ACR

wondering what other peoples strategy for playing the freerolls on ACR?

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Because they run so frequently and only start with 1500 chips I normally try to see some cheap flops with marginals. If I flop something good I normally try to check/shove and get it in on the flop. Good pairs, AK, sometimes AQ or sometimes even a good spot with ATC I will normally just shove it in early and either bust or have a decent stack to make a run with.

I have no interest in bleeding down a 1500 stack until I can try for a double up or putting a lot of effort into the early stages here.

M

miktux

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What i do is try to build a stack in early or lose in early. Keep in mind that they play a lot of cards and be careful with 2pairs they can have better 2 pairs :D

M

miktux

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not bluffing for sure :D try to make as much volue as you can with a good hands

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
Play only the premium hands to double or triple your stack. Dont try to bluff in the start, there will be donkeys that will go all in at any raise made. Once you get rid of donkeys you can start to bluff, play connecters, etc. This always gets me in the last 100 players which is great considering that a freeroll has 3000 people in the beginning.
Patience is the key!

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the ACR $10 freerolls, I jam allin with all my premium hands the first 4 or 5 hands. Yes, in a 15/30 blinds I jam 1500 with AA. You're basically guaranteed at least 1 call by some guy with K 10 offsuit or something ridiculous. Obviously no guarantee you win this hand, but you're getting called most of the time and obviously way ahead.

Once you get past the first half hour, it's much more like normal poker.

H

haydensaint1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play only the premium hands to double or triple your stack. Dont try to bluff in the start, there will be donkeys that will go all in at any raise made. Once you get rid of donkeys you can start to bluff, play connecters, etc. This always gets me in the last 100 players which is great considering that a freeroll has 3000 people in the beginning.
Patience is the key!
Yes could not agree more. I had to make the mistakes first. and just takes a bit to get past thesslop pots and move into fun game

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the most important is to set a goal to achieve.It is necessary to play the least possible hand while trying to progress.Are attentive to the styles of play of other players and try to take advantage. is the best way to play against good players.

on the other hand it is not uncommon that I decide to play wide and aggressive at the beginning of a tournament to win as many chips as possible before the game is tightened.It is a style of game enough risk because to enjoy you have to have the chance to hit a lot of cards. but especially to have a good reading of the game to be able to throw his cards at the right time. when we play aggressive we must expect to lose several hands but the key is precisely to lose as little as possible on these shots and to make as profitable as possible your winning hands.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only play premium hands until the later stages of the tournament, play tight and aggressive, and finally don’t be a fish.

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why is the strategy for freerolls is different from the strategy for a regular tournament? my strategy is no different, tight aggressive is my strategy for all events)

Alex1296

Alex1296

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to double as quickly as possible so basically stacks in freerolls are short and do not allow to play postflop, as soon as I managed to fill the stack I start to press rivals with short stacks opening widely. Opponents of fast growth of blind you have to exhibit with the trash than I use it.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing tight is always a good starting strategy for freerolls. Playing good hands aggressively will be beneficial as well. Avoid the donkeys that are shoving any 2 in the beginning levels. No need to gamble away your stack. Try to play small pots until you chip up or hit your hand. When you have a good hand then you can bet aggressively. Once you have a good chip stack you can take more risks and play more hands. Inevitably some of the “any 2” donks will have gotten lucky and are still alive, but they can’t help themselves and continue to play recklessly. Take advantage when you get a premium hand. They usually trap themselves if you let them. Exploit them. When you get deeper into the tournament when blinds and antes start getting higher, position play is key. Stealing blinds in position will allow you to chip up. Raises from tighter players are more respected and you can use that image to scoop up the dead money. Always 3 bet premium hands aggressively.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls-a unique opportunity to get the first experience and the first real win. Professionals are of the opinion that freerolls will help beginners to lay the Foundation for a bankroll. The vast majority of participants do not realize what they are doing, just wanting to have a good time. And when they all gather at the same table, about any normal poker is out of the question. No one will respect your raises or bets, it is very difficult for the opponent to give a certain range at all, and effective game muvs lose their usefulness at all. Strategies are not so much-tight, solid or aggressive poker, that's all. We have prepared a list of recommendations for you:
Play is only a good starting hand
It is worth making big raises and big bets more often than in normal poker.
If you have a good combination - you definitely need to bet.
If the card doesn't go – that and bluff here not the assistant. He doesn't work here at all.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First, it all depends on the format of the tournament,the category of people,and prizes.In freerolls a lot of games of luck, so in the early stages we must try not to go to the ollin with a questionable card, go into the game with a small investment and watch the flop, well, there as the card will fall)!

maezma

maezma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice would be:

1. Study the game of your opponents.
2. Vary your game to be more difficult to read.
3. Take into account your position in each hand.
4. Avoid entering with weak hands that you may have to leave.
5. Adjust the values of the bets in the correct way.

6. Keep calm in front of the bad bets.
7. Enjoy your achievement, whatever it may be.

Regards.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Play as you play a normal tournament, just be aware that you will face villains who would play anyway, because if you start to stress it will disrupt your game in a tournament that is not a freeroll

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing freerolls, it is important to understand that the cost of entering the tournament is zero. This means that at the beginning of the game you can take quite risky actions to increase your stack. Even at the cost of leaving the game early. You do not lose anything, and even save your time.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I think free roll or normal
You have to play right and play tight,
And there is a luck factor too.
Normally you want a quick rise in your stack,
And play any 2 cards and end up a sucker too.
First hand free roll today 1500 starting chips 10 pair
I raise to 300 and got pushed all in.
I called and the rest all folded.
The player who pushed me all in had JQ
Flop no help turn no help river comes a J.
I am butted out.:):):)
Was I wrong in going all in 10 pair??

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
do not take unnecessary risks from the start of the tournament, it's not worth it, unless you have a top hand, if you have a good stack, be careful and do not be so arrogant, take care of your chips, try to play only premium hands, but you must have take into account that there is a point that you should take risks, but I think that in general there is no defined strategy, and we do not all apply the same strategies, you have to go testing to know what works for you or what works for you and what does not work for you

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I know that many players are not serious about freerolls. Therefore, I try to play against them with good cards.

Red0nkulousAK

Red0nkulousAK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a made hand I just shove that shit.

Barbarrossa

Barbarrossa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Grit your teeth and fold against the all in floods unless you really have something.. the beginning is not the place to bluff unless you've built somewhat of a stack.