Freeroll, experience or loss of time?)

I

IgorBochkarev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a lot of freerolls, from 4,000 to 5,000 people I occupy 100-600 places))) is this not a bad result, experience, or am I just losing time?)

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stick with it, at that ammount of people the variance is huge so it may take a while to get a decent scores. Try ACR they have less people in there freerolls.

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a lot of freerolls, from 4,000 to 5,000 people I occupy 100-600 places))) is this not a bad result, experience, or am I just losing time?)

top 1% is very good, even in free rolls

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Playing freerolls is a good way to build your first bankroll without risking your money.

maezma

maezma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the time you have to dedicate. The odds of you reaching a final table with that many players is very low and the prize is never justified in relation to the work, but for experience it is useful.

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep playing the freerolls and make it your goal to place in 1st place.

S

Sp0own

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you manage to cash in one of them then you can build your bankroll. Keep it up!

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way to know that, you could be losing time or you could be starting a great career!

WiredKs

WiredKs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don't have any experience with real money tournaments it can actually be a little disorientating if you ever do make a cross over. Freerolls play so different that without having any comparison you could run the risk of not adjusting. Things like hand values, bet amounts, lay-downs, hero calls, or even table image are very different.

If you do play a bunch of freerolls and then opt into a real money MMT, just be aware that the experience you bring may need to be adjusted for best results.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I find it very interesting to play freerolls to perfect yourself in poker and to make up for the loss with rake. in addition there are freerolls with prizes even bigger than paid tournaments, which is very good.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
Started 1 month ago to play freerolls and Im still learning. Since then Ive made a small bankroll which is a good sign. For example, you can play a lot of freerolls on 888 including those from CardsChat. Earn tickets to bigger tournaments and you can build a nice bankroll! Good luck and dont forget, patience is the key :)

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are just starting out Freerolls are the ticket. You learn to play and hopefully start a Bankroll... They are really tough though because anyone who knows knows FR are a Donkinfested tourneys. They are hard to get to the money because of such. Use them as learning tools and improving.

qRock

qRock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are a great way to try gambling without risking money. Do not rush to give your bankroll to regulars high stakes. It is necessary to soberly assess your skills and climb the limits gradually.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
keep palying! such a great way to get used to the length and number of hands also super great way to build a bankroll!

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing the freeroll you gain experience and can create a bankroll without the risk of losing money.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are tricky because there is nothing to lose . If u stick with it and play smart early in freerolls until all the loose players are gone u can build your bankroll. Good luck in your future freerolls.

D

Davlic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play on micro limits. For me, it's a waste of time.

T

TanaT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, this is a good option. I do not want to invest until I am sure that I will have more chances to make a profit. Yes, precious time, but this is offset by experience.

Everbane

Everbane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing in such freerolls where 5000+ people and prizes totaling $ 50-100 is just a waste of time and nothing more ...

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Different game at the start, completely banzai throwing chips in like confetti but if your solid enough and happy to sit and learn I can't see any issue playing them, personally I like 888 as the further up the levels you go the more poker club games you get and prizes are pretty good tbf.

It's all learning so any game is good as long as you respect it.

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's good experience but only if you are able to get to a later stage of the freeroll.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi!I think in every mad competition there is a certain kind of experience.strive to get to the final tables, withstand pauses to get into the money, the game loves the patient!good luck!

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing many freerolls is good for learning and gaining experience for future tournaments, I very rarely play freerolls with a large number of players from 2000-5000 participants because it’s very hard to get to the prize area and get prizes because there are so many in these freerolls -fish, it's normal for me to play well and participate in freerolls with a small number of players who already have experience in the game!

YungWan

YungWan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play a Freeroll tournament for 2 hours (ACR on demand) and don't make the money, I feel like I wasted a huge amount of time. But now I play them less, and when I do, I pay little attention to them, so when I bust out I don't mind since I haven't invested much time to them.

Other Freerolls with better payout structures are awesome though! :D :D

L

leandro_drum

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing freerolls is a good way to build your first bankroll without risking your money.

I think so. The Freeroll game is like the same microlimits to play. Wherever if you play freerolls or $3,50 of buy-in, 'cause the way that the game is playing, is almost the same. So this is a particulare choice. I prefered play freerolls to practic and sometimes I play in the money a litlle bit.
(sorry my bad English hehe)