Freeroll tournament

arashsgr

arashsgr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are different types of games in poker and you may be familiar with freerolls by now. freerolls poker are the type of game that if you lose you are not committed to paying for the buy-ins and if you win you're not gonna hit the jackpot cause the prize pool is very small. I believe poker players of all type except the newcomers should not get in the trap of this kind of games, what do I mean by traping and sticking is that it might affect your game in the long run cause you know that in freerolls most of the time players gamble their chip and there more than 80 % of this type of game doesn't require game skills and information of any how

AmidamaruRu

AmidamaruRu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you play consistently, entering freerolls is also useful as an additional training

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In some ways I agree with you, but I want to note that CardsChat freerolls do not belong to the type of freerolls that you described. In CardsChat freerolls, players play the same way as in tournaments with a cash buy-in, this is my personal opinion. That is why I love these freerolls and this is not the first time I have managed to earn a bankroll thanks to them. And basically all the other freerolls in which several thousand people take part, just like you described.

J

jkersten

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Free Rolls you learn how the cards can drop. (you can call what you want).

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play all tournaments, including freerolls. Freerolls don't affect my game at all. It's a matter of strategy gear control.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freeroll

Freerolls are kind of tournaments that help you learn patience and the ability to make the right decisions.

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn’t “put in the same basket” all the freerolls. What you mentioned could be applied to tournaments whose password is published on many websites and a huge number of players are registered. On freerolls where something like this hasn't happened we often play quite solid poker. I am thinking primarily of most of CardsChat's freerolls.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The free roll also provides a cash game with useful information.

CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls

I hear what you are saying, however...

Experienced players understand this and understand what game they are playing... I use to have these same thoughts when I first started playing... now it is rarely a problem adjusting.

Also, I may choose to play differently early in a Freeroll depending on competing priorities.

Best of Luck,

CheezeWiz

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
there are different types of games in poker and you may be familiar with freerolls by now. freerolls poker are the type of game that if you lose you are not committed to paying for the buy-ins and if you win you're not gonna hit the jackpot cause the prize pool is very small. I believe poker players of all type except the newcomers should not get in the trap of this kind of games, what do I mean by traping and sticking is that it might affect your game in the long run cause you know that in freerolls most of the time players gamble their chip and there more than 80 % of this type of game doesn't require game skills and information of any how
Thanks for the tips.

;)

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love freeroll tournaments (too). :)

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls can be very useful for learning to play, and there are some that play more like a normal tournament, so that skill can prevail. Also, any money made represents an infinite ROI so... what's not to like?

R

redsfan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Free rolls are hard for me to play.I try to play like its my money,and try to do whats right.I think thats very hard to do.Lets face it takes a lot of luck to make the money in a free roll.Some players start out by going allin every time and hope to get lucky and get some chips,then alot of them change there style of play.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll is a great opportunity to collect a starting freeroll. You risk nothing. Freerolls are different. There are ratings where it is very easy to get into the prizes.