$1,620 in the pot

Turn is the 4h
Hero checks
Villain bets $810
Hero calls
$3,240 in the pot

River is the 6h
Villain bets $1,620

What should I do... Fold, call or Raise?
Also would like to know whether I should have played the flop or turn differently.

M

mgonzalezx55

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure what the correct play really is but I can't see myself folding in that situation. The main reason is because of the quality of player in that tourney. Too often villain shows up with A10, AJ, K10, KJ, J10, 9 10... all of which you beat. He could have seen your check as a sign of weakness and just kept firing. AQ, KQ would have probably been raised pre flop which only leaves a hand like QJ or Q10 as stronger queens than yours. The backdoor flush draw also comes in but he would probably bet bigger on the river if he got there. Idk lol, what do you guys think?

M

mgonzalezx55

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you could have raised the turn to get a better idea of where you were at. The only problem is that you'd be blowing the pot up and might lose a little more if you have to call a value bet on the river.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know the correct play either but I would have raised doubling his bet on the turn. It would help if I had some read on this player but going blind like this I would want to see his reaction. But its unlikely I'll back down.

Had I played it to the end like you did I'd shove at his final bet.

IcyNicy

IcyNicy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should have raised the turn. You should keep in mind the line you are going to play according to. Like a plan. And know exactly what you are going to do in each situation.
On the board there is only one hand that would beat you, it's a Queen with a better kicker.
And you should have watched that opponent before and learn how he plays in different situations.
And the last. I would recommend to call if you are not sure of your hand.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournament is a BetOnline $3 NL Freezeout

Hero $5,980
Villain $5,420
Blinds 75/150 ante 15

Hijack limps
Button calls
Hero in the SB calls with Qs8c
BB checks
$720 in the pot

Flop is the JhQdQc
Hero checks
BB checks
Hijack checks
Villain bets $300
Hero calls
BB folds
Hijack folds
$1,620 in the pot

Turn is the 4h
Hero checks
Villain bets $810
Hero calls
$3,240 in the pot

River is the 6h
Villain bets $1,620

What should I do... Fold, call or Raise?
Also would like to know whether I should have played the flop or turn differently.

I would not fold trips at river in case opponent had a weaker hand I would not raise in case opponent hit heart flush or bigger Queen or house I would call to keep them honest and survive in the game:call2:

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I like the check call line here , probably he would show Jx hands or an over pair where you could stacked him off if you knew what he was doing with his overpairs. IMHO I don't think he had a straight draw because most of the times he would have checked the turn in order to pot control and get a free card since he is in position.

If he had a better Qx here ok he just had it , you can't fold on the river.

Folding in Poker