fold AK ?

callitall77

callitall77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its hard but ive folded AK and KK, but I ended up winning the tourney. just seems like the beeter u fold, the more u win.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its hard but ive folded AK and KK, but I ended up winning the tourney. just seems like the beeter u fold, the more u win.
What is winning a tourney, it has been so long for me. Yes I have folded KK, good fold he had a pair of Aces plus one on the board.

tazzmaster62

tazzmaster62

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
then your just lucky your winning
its hard to fold those hands by ive done it mulltiple times
hated doing it but it kept me in touneys longer

ReoRekop

ReoRekop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in mtt I usually go all in with that hand

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ppl seem to have a hard on for AK even the pros. depending on the bet size it's not hard to fold i would never call for all my chips unless 10 bb

Stevendewitt7

Stevendewitt7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK will gun you down like a real Ak if you dont let it go looking at a beat. Ive went down in the flames many times with AA, AK, KK. That shit aint a lock just good odds

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hahaha congratulations guy, folding AK I even understand, but folding KK is very difficult.

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is a trouble hand for me because it is so hard to get away from pre flop but I have often times safely folded after the flop if my opponent bets into me and I missed the flop. Now KK is a hand that I probably wouldn't fold unless I have reason to believe my opponent has AA.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I agree with you that sometimes at some points in the game you need to drop even very good KK AK AQ KQ QQ cards because you can lose and fly out of tournaments, I also have moments when I fold good cards, and then I look at on the table I didn’t have any match with the combinations, it’s better to throw a good card somewhere so as not to lose and wait for another good card so that you can win!

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did fold AK in the pre-flop with the correct information from my opponents but I think it would be hard for me to do it with KK, it's more I think that in the pre-flop I've never done it, now after having the full board Of course it is very reasonable to fold KK, it all depends on the community cards that are

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
According to the lying cards on the table and the actions of the opponent, it is always possible to suggest which cards the opponent has. There is nothing wrong with losing a premium card. But you play on.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
much in the tournament depends on luck, I never folding KK.

EllinLucky

EllinLucky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can fold AK very often, especially in tournament, especially in bubble. But if I have KK, I always go all-in. In cash, I have a problem with AK if I out of position and didn't get flop. In this case I play according opponents' game.

POKERRANSOM

POKERRANSOM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i strongly believe that to win any tournament you will have to fold big hands and you might even throw some hands away that would of won but position is so much more important then the hand strength

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is hard to fold Premium hands such as aa kk ak but sometimes you just have to.:):):)

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reset AK is not so difficult, harder to reset KK.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Definitely wouldn't fold KK, until after the flop. Then you can determine where you are in the hand. AK..this one is could be a fold preflop. Best one for me, AK, 4 players in it, Flop AAK. Checked all the way around, knew if I bet, everyone would fold...so just checking and hoping someone hits something. Wasnt a very big pot but I got a little bit.

L

ledris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
folding AK?

I think this is a difficult question! Initially the decision will depend on how many blinds you have and at what point in the game. For example if I have 25 blinds and I am playing about an hour in a (15minutes blinds) tournament with 2000 participants I will move all in with Ak. On the other side, if we are in the game 400 people, and payouts come in 20 places, I prefer to fold my Ak in order to be in payouts and have the minimum profit. Of course an imporatnt factor is if you put all in first or if you call someone else and the number of people who will act after you. In conclusion I guess that apart from aces, kings and queens, Ak is the strongest hand to move all in as JJ's and TT's, so in 60%-70% I would put all in with Ak!

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

This is some cards like others and if you feel you lose with them..its a good fold sometimes.
You had a good decision to take in consideration that you've won the tournament. Congratz

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know that feeling very well, folding AK, KK... Few times even an AA... But after the river and seeing other players hands i was glad ti do that :D

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are right to win, you need to lose sometime. I repeatedly fold strong arms in some hands. And sometimes it is not right, but in the end it is still more often correct. If you fold, you will not lose, but will not win, and save your stack for the game.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is not hard to fold, especially preflop when 2-3 people goes all-in and you have to make a decision. However, it's very difficult to fold KK preflop.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is easy for me to fold post flop, if I don't make any progress. At that point they are just 2 cards that have already missed. KK is tough, having lost with them to lower pairs hitting the set or an Ace popping up on the board. The hands are no different than any others, know the odds and know the players. Good luck.

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the more you play, the more clearly you understand that dropping such a card is not a problem. but the game sometimes makes spontaneous decisions.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have folded AKo/s many times preflop or post flop. because I like to play my cards and not rushing into action. Your cards wont hit any draws or hit any of your cards. so this is the spot I fold my AKs/o....rather than pocket K's id probably go with an all in call...I wont go all in with Kings but I would call an all in.

Folding in Poker