Which flight?

B

BazookaJoe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi I'm new here. I just won a satellite to the pokerstars London Super series next week. It's my first big tournament (£550 buy in) and I'm super thrilled to get in for £5.50 (I won a super sat to a satellite to win a ticket to the main event). Question is there are 3 Day 1s - which is best for me? I've heard there are more entries on Day 1C but am I better off with a smaller field? Any thoughts welcome. Thanks.

S

sauleskid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello I think it's best to take part in the 1c day

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would think starting early would be best the most players available and will give you a better chance to double up if you play solid poker.

Samsonate

Samsonate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice, I would get in early too...
Wish you best luck and tell us about your success!:)

B

BazookaJoe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies and encouragement. Will let you know how I get on!

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats and good luck!!!!

B

BazookaJoe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your tips folks. I entered the first flight and made it through to Day 2. Was shortstacked with 15 bigs but won the first hand with pocket 5s in the small blind and next hand I was the button. Shoved again with pocket 8s with 18 bigs and was unlucky to get called by the BB who had pocket 9s. Dryish board with J T on the flop and 9s held. Kicking myself but not really sure I could have done anything else except min raise and fold to a bet on the flop - that is if the BB didn't shove preflop. He had me well covered.