My first MTT since becoming a member of cardschat starts in 10 minutes!

F

feliksinthemix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So its been an interesting week for me since I joined CC. Ive probably talked more about Poker in the past few days than I have at any other time in my life, and in that time I haven't played a single hand. I felt confident about my game before I joined, but since joining, the process of discussing play with others and being able to articulate and share different thoughts and ideas about the game seems to have helped a great deal. But how much it has really helped I will see over course of hopefully the next few hours. It's a 150+ MTT freeroll tournament, and it will be starting at 19:00 GMT.

I'll try to keep you guys updated on my progress, and perhaps after we can discuss where and how I finish.

Wish me luck! :)

VinnyStrat

VinnyStrat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GL. For me it took a few attempts to realize the effects. I understood my mistakes a lot quicker. Took a bit to get myself to quit making them.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't draw to any inside str8s. And GL to you

F

feliksinthemix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm still in with over 8000 chips, but I had more. I doubled up in the fist ten minutes to 10,000, then another 5000 20 minutes later, ten minutes after that... I call BB with a Q, 10...off suit,.. I flop a pair of tens, but thre was a king in there too... I was worried. So I bet... I got raised so I raised again, be called, turn card 8 river Q hits and he goes all in... I thought long and hard trying to get a read, nothing to go by, so hoping he was bluffing I called and he had ACE JACK beating my two pair with a straight 10-Q... I went from 13th to 43rd out of 149 plyrs in one hand...

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GL. Play carefully you got average stack right?

F

feliksinthemix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im out... Ended really badly, chasing a flush against an agg player with 19,000 chips against my 4,600... He kept betting 700+ chips... I had a 47 of clubs, and flopped two clubs... I was down to 2000 or so chips by the river, at which point he put me all in.. it was a club so I had to call... But, I knew those two sixes on the flop were trouble...he either had higher clubs or made a full house.... Im disappointed, but there was not much else I could do at that stage... I think I made the right decision... aggressive players can be so hard to read sometimes.. And this player was playing very aggressively... If I had won that hand I might have been able to start fighting back, but as i was moved the the table with less than 5000 chips I didn't get that chance .. Anyway, you live and learn.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What position were you in when you played the 47? You might get lucky with them sometimes, but think of all the hands that can beat you. You should not have been in that pot unless you were in the BB and it was checked to you. It is good you are posting this, and I hope you get other opinions. GL to you

F

feliksinthemix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm still in with over 8000 chips, but I had more. I doubled up in the fist ten minutes to 10,000, then another 5000 20 minutes later, ten minutes after that... I call BB with a Q, 10...off suit,.. I flop a pair of tens, but thre was a king in there too... I was worried. So I bet... I got raised so I raised again, be called, turn card 8 river Q hits and he goes all in... I thought long and hard trying to get a read, nothing to go by, so hoping he was bluffing I called and he had ACE JACK beating my two pair with a straight 10-Q... I went from 13th to 43rd out of 149 plyrs in one hand...
my mistake... I had two pair 10, Q he had straight 10-A...

F

feliksinthemix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What position were you in when you played the 47? You might get lucky with them sometimes, but think of all the hands that can beat you. You should not have been in that pot unless you were in the BB and it was checked to you. It is good you are posting this, and I hope you get other opinions. GL to you
I think i was in small blind pos and tilting because I kept loosing big stakes to these aggressive players trying to put me all in after the flop or turn.