Final table right or wrong play?

bianconi_10

bianconi_10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 handed, chip leader final table 11$ buy in. 2nd has about same chips, 3rd and 4th and 25% of us maybe.

Blinds 10/20k ante 3000, (just switched)

I'm on button with AKo, SB is 2nd place

Fold.
Action to me, raise to 64k (didnt see blinds change. Was my typical raise last blinds 8/16k)

SB calls

Flop comes up K 10 9 all 3 different suits.

SB checks, I go all in.
He calls with QJo and takes the pot.

He played pretty balanced with a good chunk of all in raises frequently and lots of bluffs, but played down good cards and knew how to fold...

Really bad move for 4 handed? Seemed logical to me..

maclina

maclina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 handed, chip leader final table 11$ buy in. 2nd has about same chips, 3rd and 4th and 25% of us maybe.

Fold.
Action to me, raise to 64k (didnt see blinds change. Was my typical raise last blinds 8/16k)

SB calls

SB checks, I go all in.
He calls with QJo and takes the pot.

He played pretty balanced with a good chunk of all in raises frequently and lots of bluffs, but played down good cards and knew how to fold...

Really bad move for 4 handed? Seemed logical to me..

I do not think it's badly played. Even if you do not go All in to the river the result will be the same.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Do you often go all in with top pair top kicker on the flop with connected boards? Works well many times but once in a while your opponent flops the nuts like here.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think your play was particularly bad, maybe just some bad luck

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. You didn't specify the stack sizes.
2. you are the chip leader and raise 4BB with AK on the button...……
3. If your stack was 50BB you had made a terrible mistake because you opponent will call you only with better cards (ICM reasons).

I would play like this: Raise to 2.5BB and then, after the flop, depending on stack size and opponent aggression I would analyze my moves. You have to know that also your opponent doesn't want to bust at this moment.

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You shouldnt go all in so fast, but blinds was high like fore yours stacks and the risk was good, cause if you were didnt go all in, later you were be eaten by BB. Its just bad luck, nothing else, well played.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only play I would have done is not go all-in with top pair. Make a bet, if you get raised think whats on the board to get raised. Even though you lose money at least you won't lose your stack.

vuk011

vuk011

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Fold.

SB calls

SB checks, I go all in.
Ok here something is wrong or I'm not smart enough:D
You're chip leader on final table and yours preflop action is OK. My question is how big your stack was? It's a very important piece of information. Preflop bet is only 3bb.. why allin?

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes , you never got a full read on your opponent , if hes obviously calling a large raise preflop then you know his range is in the upper bracket. Terrible move to just jam

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The flop was closed street, QJ are the cards with which to do a raise pre-flop at the final table at this stage. Raise on the flop would have been enough. If he would play a re-raise with his reputation could be reset. he probably would have just made the call to you. River can be played check pass. On the river he would have raised and you dropped.