final table in mtt

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how do you play when you enter on final table in large MTT as a shortest stack?

9betterluck9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With ICM implications, I will try my best to find a good spot to get it in and try to double up, giving me the best chance to make a run at it! Also, I will play pretty tight, hoping some other players bust. Moving me up the pay scale. Ultimately, I want to keep my fold equity, and not get too short at the same time.

dnegsisabadreg

dnegsisabadreg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously you need to be pretty tight if laddering is important to you. Other than that, just look for profitable spots to get your chips in. Most of your decisions as the short stack will probably be push/fold preflop, so in that sense the game is fairly simple to play.

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With ICM implications, I will try my best to find a good spot to get it in and try to double up, giving me the best chance to make a run at it! Also, I will play pretty tight, hoping some other players bust. Moving me up the pay scale. Ultimately, I want to keep my fold equity, and not get too short at the same time.
only problem is that people who have much more money will pay my all in and in 70% win cuz im not very lucky

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
only problem is that people who have much more money will pay my all in and in 70% win cuz im not very lucky

That is unfortunate. I'm really not sure what to do then in your case?? Maybe just do not play because you are not very lucky?
(you can see the other member's advice was probably partially due to them having 'betterluck' ... 'see username')

VinnyStrat

VinnyStrat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is unfortunate. I'm really not sure what to do then in your case?? Maybe just do not play because you are not very lucky?
(you can see the other member's advice was probably partially due to them having 'betterluck' ... 'see username')

Now that's funny!

BTW, you don't need to be lucky. If you get your money in with the better hand, more often than not you will come out OK. If you are in a situation where you have to shove a lot at the FT you will eventually lose. Also consider you position. If someone has already raised in front of you then it may not be a good time to shove unless you have a really strong hand.

R

Rgregor

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play conservatively and clear way, adapting me the circumstances of each hand. Preflop raise, position, my hand, flop, etc ...

Some raises in position with marginal hands are also important to put pressure on villains and mostly get some blinds for free.

Last edited:
C

colacho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To my knowledge , I expect reasonably good to double my stack and thus increase my equity hands. Always looking at the position where I'm playing and staying calm .