final table answer

R

richardpro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are playing a final table in a $ 11 buyin online tournament, more than 5,000 registered and only 7 left. The guaranteed prize at the moment is one thousand dollars and with each position that goes up, the prize increases in the following proportion: 1000- 2200 - 3600 - 4800 - 6300 - 8500 - 10500

At the table there is a short stack player (in the Big Blind position) with only 7 BBs. We have approximately 40 BB's and are in the Small blind. The button has approx 26 BB's.

The action comes as follows:

Blinds 5k / 10k (ante 1k)
Table folds to Botao, which increases to 22k (260k stack). The big blind has only 70k of stack.
We have 77 in the Small blind (400k stack)

What is our action?

A) fold

B) Call

C) Raise

D) Raise all-in

Do not forget to justify the decision with the line of reasoning and the reasons for the decision!

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
final table question

Idk so many variables:
we/you can waste chips if make a raise and don't hit a good flop
we/you can lost the hand and double the short stack
we/you can win of the both and become more chip leader
we/you can raise all in to put pressure in the BTN
BTN can have 88+ and we are in trouble

I think I would simple fold and wait for more pay jumps
with 40BBs left, there is still a lot to play

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Defnitely all in :cool:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you plug this scenario into ICMizer you will see, that jamming 77 is massively profitable. And when jamming is massively profitable, we should obviously not fold. So the only question is, if calling or 3-betting small is more profitable. 3-betting small creates a very awkward postflop situation, if BTN just call. If BTN 4-bet jam, we either have to fold or call it off, and neither of those options are great. So I dont like a small 3-bet out of position with a hand like 77, when stacks are this shallow.

Just calling is sort of fine, if BB fold or just call as well, but if BB jam, and BTN gives action, we are once again in a very awkward spot, where any option is going to suck. So even though BTNs stack is a bit deeper than the standard recommendation for rejamming, I think, this is our best option with a hand like 77. It gives us a lot of fold equity and protects us from getting outplayed after the flop with a hand, which is really difficult to play out of position on most boards. From best to worst the ranking of options is:

D) Raise all-in

B) Call

C) 3-bet small

A) Fold

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion 77 is much more ahead of button raise, so jamming is perfectly fine here, especially with short stack at the table button player should never call here if he doesn't have any monster, what as we know not such common

AmidamaruRu

AmidamaruRu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would do allin, we can only call over pairs JJ and above

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I play only call. Imo AI isn't good becouse in this is high itm jump and "bubble factor" isn't favorable to raise or AI.

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My option is 3-bet (and for all-in from the opponent fold), call or fold. All-in would not consider ....

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's a good decision to call and watch the flop. In this situation, you have a good Bank (378.000), the button, remains 238.000. the Difference is ~150.000 + the Bank on the table (66.000) this is a good opportunity, without a problem to fold if 2 images appear on the table and a large bet from the button.

Playing re-raise is not the best opportunity, because it is possible to get all in from the button, and playing all in 77 when there is a short stack, very large prizes and a strong difference in prizes in the top 7 is not a time for risk.

77 hand is not a bad one, but it is not the best hand to risk. Of course, if you play a call and get all in from the big blind, you need to call, the big blind. But if the big blind is all in and the button is all in, I think you should sacrifice the 22,000 bet and fold.

Fold in this situation can only be considered if the button puts all in. In any other situation, call. A raise is also not the best bet.

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think jamming is the right play here. You apply lots of presure to the BB, and you are only losing to an overpair. I think you will be ahead of their range.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Final Table Answer

Hello. I would raise.
Dan'O

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fold, wait for stronger cards! and wait for the players to eliminate themselves !!!! so I believe that I would reach a better position in the placement.

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All-in for sure. In most cases you will have a better hand than the button. Add the fold equity to this and things are clear.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think jamming is the right play here. You apply lots of presure to the BB, and you are only losing to an overpair. I think you will be ahead of their range.

Your only losing to an overpair - at this point - original raiser calls with any big ace A/T+ and binks any one of his cards to win, or has a better pp and just wins a runout.
Just presenting the scenario as I have experienced it many times before with 77s in this exact spot.

If it was 88s I'd shove, but 77s are weak. I'd call - or at my most aggressive stage 3bet small and fold to a shove.

ICMizer be damned. :)

Of course there are situations when the opponents are known and we can play this differently.

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your only losing to an overpair - at this point - original raiser calls with any big ace A/T+ and binks any one of his cards to win, or has a better pp and just wins a runout.
Just presenting the scenario as I have experienced it many times before with 77s in this exact spot.

If it was 88s I'd shove, but 77s are weak. I'd call - or at my most aggressive stage 3bet small and fold to a shove.

ICMizer be damned. :)

Of course there are situations when the opponents are known and we can play this differently.

I know that the calling range will be very tight due to the particular situation. I think we have a lot of fold equity in this spot. You need to see it from the buttons perspective also: if he calls and looses, he loses a payjump when there’s a 7BB player.

I’m pretty confident with this, unless this guy rarely plays any hand in this spot

W

winnie1993

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If buton raise about 40+% in this case, i would 3bet to 7bb and call him. Even if we loss we stay in tournament and with not the smallest stack

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a small comment.
It wouldn't matter what card you should do all this with.

But if ve’re already playing invisibly, than be all-in. :D

MoCoSolo

MoCoSolo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And taking into consideration how the Button's usual hand range is in the Button and how tight the BB has been playing as well. I'd still slow play it and call and shove if you hit your set, otherwise, might need to fold.

jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would just call go all in chances are against ya

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know that the calling range will be very tight due to the particular situation. I think we have a lot of fold equity in this spot. You need to see it from the buttons perspective also: if he calls and looses, he loses a payjump when there’s a 7BB player.
I’m pretty confident with this, unless this guy rarely plays any hand in this spot

Your positions are compelling, and valid. Good points - especially regarding viewing the move from opponents perspective. :icon_thum

7CardKillR

7CardKillR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we have very high equity and our opponents are on short stacks and we cant go broke.
we can deny the BBs equity to nearly zero and the opener will usually over fold. Jam
effectively

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are playing a final table in a $ 11 buyin online tournament, more than 5,000 registered and only 7 left. The guaranteed prize at the moment is one thousand dollars and with each position that goes up, the prize increases in the following proportion: 1000- 2200 - 3600 - 4800 - 6300 - 8500 - 10500

At the table there is a short stack player (in the Big Blind position) with only 7 BBs. We have approximately 40 BB's and are in the Small blind. The button has approx 26 BB's.

The action comes as follows:

Blinds 5k / 10k (ante 1k)
Table folds to Botao, which increases to 22k (260k stack). The big blind has only 70k of stack.
We have 77 in the Small blind (400k stack)

What is our action?

A) fold

B) Call

C) Raise

D) Raise all-in

Do not forget to justify the decision with the line of reasoning and the reasons for the decision!

Good morning!
Based on the conditions described by you, I would most likely make an all-in bet in order to put pressure on the button, since there is a short stack and the jump in prize money is quite large. The button will close us with a very narrow range, up to QQ and higher (but if they are there, then we are out of luck :(), and against the big blind we have very good chances and even if we lose we still have a very good stack.
Good luck at the tables! :):):)
P.S. Yet again. It all depends on how important the prize money jumps are to you :D:D:D Then you can throw it away :rolleyes:

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Seeing as you are down to the fial few, you should have reliable reads on everyone present, so I would say act in accordance with your perception of both the situation and the players involved