Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel when I am in final table
I get KK AA QQ it is very dangerous.
Yesterday I have KK and I am all-in
A player call with 88
The flop is 4 7 8 turn J River A
I think the poker software in the final table deal more Pair now I fold AA KK when a player raise all-in in final table. 80% you lose.
I see one many times on the table start the round with 4-5 hand pair
In the live poker chance to this is so little.
What do you think about this?

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About 80% you're wrong. If I often had AA , KK I would be happy.

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
A player call with 88
I think the poker software in the final table deal more Pair now I fold AA KK when a player raise all-in in final table. 80% you lose.
This also never happens at live tables

blackclover

blackclover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In final table I play strong hands only, AA, KK, JJ, QQ, Suited AK, AQ, AJ.

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dropping KK and AA seems like a bad idea to me especially at the final table.

K

kubistok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just a coincidence and a little misfortune. No software settings.

PuletJelek

PuletJelek

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it happens in live poker too...

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to be happy when you see AA or KK in final table and you must use this opportunity without a doubt , not to think about something like that what others have in that situation.

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just remember, you made no mistakes, you got it in ahead KK vs 88, you were an 80% favorite preflop when the money went in. Short term you may have bad results and feel annoyed but long term you're winning. Keep at it and continue to make great decisions. GG

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I know that feeling all to well. Looking down at that monster pair that I've been waiting for, but instead being exited, I feel my stomach drop. Every time I get dealt a big pair late in a tourney, I can't help but think that it's gonna get cracked. But if it does, then so be it. I'm not going to lay down kings or aces.

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at a final table. You are in several final tables, everything depends on your bank, but in your place if you have fewer chips than the others, having variance in your favor, it would be better to risk, break barriers, regardless, obviously you must know strategies and study your rivals, all that is important in a final table brother. !! AA KK QQ JJ play it aggressively. !!! that's my theory.!

kacca

kacca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About 80% you're wrong. If I often had AA , KK I would be happy.

You are happy because a strong hand gives you confidence. For my 9 years of online poker AK has given me only 40% of victories and 60% of loss. It feels like until the flop is opened, playing with a strong hand can only be raised, although this is not true.

A player call with 88
This is normal, of course you can discard your card. Well, what will it give you? Will you change KK to 8-8? Vryatli who will do it. A lot of jigsaws saw this while they reached the final. Not - AA- not - KK will not give you 100% victory, so let it go as it is and never mind. Because if you start to fold your cards for the final, you will not have a bank roll

Last edited by a moderator:
winpot301

winpot301

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't drop an AA , KK , QQ , JJ , because an strong hand is force you to play it , even in a final table . If you lose that hand in final table means you already won something . But if you win it you raise the chances to win the final table . It's my opinion .

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First, thanks for the post.

Now I think you are seeing this bad beat that you took the wrong way, because even professional pro players take bads, this is called game variance and that’s what makes it interesting. The opponent's 88 will still have a chance to beat your pair pre-flop 20% of the time, this means that 1 out of 5 times he will beat you, but if you look in the long run, say 500 1000 hands whoever is AA vs 88 you will be the player. You made the right choice.

R

royalflush122096

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would most certainly play premium hands in the final table because of ICM!

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A player call with 88

No offense, but what are you waiting for? If you don't want aces at the final table, give them to me.

zlajazlaja2

zlajazlaja2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it doesn't matter what you say ... last night I was at the final table in the CC tournament, I took second place, I was playing as if there were 50 players left ... :D

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you drop KK and AA, you can not play with other cards at all.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A player call with 88

If you are folding AA KK,what cards you call?
And in this tactics,if you afraid to cal all in with this cards,then you afraid to call bb AK?
In my opinion this is really wrong tactics.

Aleksmy

Aleksmy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I noticed that the program often distributes pocket pairs to several players at the same time, so that they go all in before the flop, hoping for a win.

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A player call with 88

Don't judge the book by the covers. We all get in that situation, not just you and it is nothing new. Getting AA or KK could be really difficult sometimes and easy, depending of your day. You need to learn how to build yourself, so other at the table will have a respect for you. This could be done with 3 bet in some hands and always betting on the flop, so they will think that you hold really strong hands, even in the reality you hide A 9 for example and don't have any pair just a high card.
After you build your status at the table you can afford to win (read steal) the small pots, getting your stack bigger little by little. Sure don't use it this strategy too often, so you don't became suspicious.
About what you have mention, folding KK or AA at the final table is just sick.
I really mean that.
Being with 6 people at the table and having A 3 its a huge advantage in some hands and you are telling me that you're putting your rockets away?
Just let that rockets fly in the sky :cool:

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens all the time to other big hands..

Final table, I get AKd, I shove. Opponent with A9o gets a pair of 9's on the flop, he wins. His 999 would have beaten pocket AA, QQ, or JJ as well. That's poker.
Seems like you only remember the bad, when your big hands lose. Nobody posts when their big hands win, that isn't as news-worthy.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Try to breath and stay calm in these situations.
First, because you only notice hard bad beats when you have a monster hand. If you lose with T9s, you would never say you're unlucky. But sometimes you are ahead with speculative hands and lose too. It's why tight players have a lot more of bad beats stories than the looser ones.
Second, looks like you are developing some superstition abou that. In poker sometimes you win with trash, sometimes you lose with AA. There are very few situations where you should fold AA. You must always play premium hands aggressively.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sarvari use the Cardschat odds calculator to see how AA or KK stack up against different hands. You will quickly see these premium pairs are not always as good as you might think. That means every shove at your final table with these hands is simply not guaranteed to win. Don't always think just about your cards. Also think about finishing in one of the top places at the final table. The big money is usually found in the first 3 places so sometimes you might want to fold in the hope others will get eliminated giving you a better chance at the big money.

I held KK at a final table and folded to two players who got all their chips in the middle. I didn't want to play in a 3 way pot where my kings could quite easily lose. The loser was eliminated and I was one step closer to my goal.