The Final Table

Larry Robbins

Larry Robbins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has not been a great day to reach final table in the free rolls. Reach the top 46 or so - then get beat by someone that should not bet 46 against AK or AA or KK. What is up with that?

These players should be folding instead of going Allin.

Not sure I understand the Logic - POKER IS SPOSSED TO BE A LOGICAL GAME.

Must be missing something in the game.

Y'all could give Sippy some insight into the final plays.

SIPPY :)

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure how old you are but, live long enough, and you most surely will understand that the world is full of “Dumb” Individuals.

Sarcasm on my part…. “YES Absolutely ”, ……..but there is absolute truth in my presented reply.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Has not been a great day to reach final table in the free rolls. Reach the top 46 or so - then get beat by someone that should not bet 46 against AK or AA or KK. What is up with that?

These players should be folding instead of going Allin.

Not sure I understand the Logic - POKER IS SPOSSED TO BE A LOGICAL GAME.

Must be missing something in the game.

So, a guy walks up to you & says, we each put up $1000, you get AA each hand & I get 46o each hand, we play 100 showdowns at $10 a hand. You gonna say not interested, that is not logical or you gonna say, bring it on sweetie, I think I'm in love?

Larry Robbins

Larry Robbins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you NBB - I do accept losses with grace. Sometimes I do not quite understand - but it is POKER and in the long run we play the best cards. Hope to play you on the tables.

Have a great night and hope the cards fall just right for you.

Thank you,
Sippy :)

Larry Robbins

Larry Robbins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls

Kensie I am sure you have lost more hands than won, like SIPPY. These freerolls take a lot of hands to win to get to final table. Sippy does OK. Won a few and placed a few - takes a lot of time and not many rewards - lol. Lots of fun and I do tell jokes.

Thank you,
Sippy:)

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Larry, back at you….. lol

PS: actually I did not really make any meaningful comment on your 4/6 player.
In actuality, there was nothing wrong with playing a 4/6 hand, and depending on whether the cards for the allin was after the [flop and turn] were already drawn, and whether the player with the 4/6 had a strong draw or flush.
If the [allin] with the 4/6 was preflop, than my original comment is unquestionably warranted.

K

KAollver

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
on freerolls there are players who want to win tourney as fast as he can , an if he plays longer he starts to shoving weak etc.. its just freerol, if u dont like it just play medium to high stake :D

C

Cashcards

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
probably, he was guided by his "speial logics". shit happenes in poker

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Poker is a game that needs intuition, psycology and skills. It needs maths and luck. It is like a fight!

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
about 4 6

if it's a free roll it's hard to win. since it's a free roll most people will bet or call with any thing and they don't care what they have. i have had pocket AA and i pushed all and they called with a 2 7 and ended up hitting two pair.

steve22055

steve22055

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are like playing when there's a full moon. Lots of crazies to start the game! I try to only play hands with high percentages to start. Within 3 or 4 minutes, many of the ones howling at the moon will be gone. Still have to watch for them throughout late registration though but can start to play poker. Definitely more chances are taken because there's nothing to lose. Patience is key to getting anywhere but still very difficult to win or place ITM.

Larry Robbins

Larry Robbins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks to Cardschat we have a lot of opportunities. FYI winning a few $$$ in the free rolls is not as important as in keeping your mind. Poker for SIPPY is staying sharp mentally, but is frustrating to lose best pre-flop hands when it does not matter what the bet is before the flop.

Sippy :)

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry to hear that you are having troubles at the final tables in the freerolls. My suggestion is to bet your hand preflop and protect the strength of the hand rather than looking for value. You also have the value of taking the blinds (which are large at that stage of the tournament) while not being knocked out by connector hands because you bet the proper amount and scared them away from the pot.

Hope this helps! :)

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is also a game of luck, and it's hard to accurately gauge your ability playing freerolls. There is an endless stream of donks in these games who don't care about busting out with 4/6 because they have nothing invested in the game.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you get to a final table there are 2 kinds of player, those that want to win and those that want to finish as high as possible.
The ones that want to win will play 4-6 cos they know they need to be active or if they are short stacked they need to double up.
I have played on many final tables and to start with I hardly ever played a hand and always lost, then the penny dropped and I got more aggressive and started getting decent results.
You cannot just fold your way to a win, you need to play and if that means going allin with 4-6, so be it :):):)

kena3000

kena3000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is hard to get to final table at a tournament. When you do it is great. I have been at the FT in CC Free like 4 times but never get closer than 7th. Lose hands AQ AJ ag 78o J7s and so on. But that's variance cause in the road Before getting to FN i have won those hands more than once. Just not lucky i guess. Now i have never ever been beaten by 27o like some guys says. AA vs KJs QQvs AJ AQ vs JJ.
CC Freeroll has a lot of good players and that increases the game level.

Nikka18

Nikka18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Atleast you reach that far. I never passed the last 100 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Idk nah. Freerolls and certain tournaments, players does get me mad because every minute is All-in. Urghhhhh.
Doesn't be able to pay the game properly when that happening.