Fifty50

andosalado

andosalado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering if people here still plays this sitngos and what is the general strategy you follow.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have not played those in years but the strategy is simple. Double up or get somewhere a comfortable stack and wait to make the money playing smartly with big hand and taking no big chances.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play good cards and try to double. This is a simple and reliable strategy for this format of tournaments.

naydanazar

naydanazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a very naughty discipline in poker

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like them, and play occasionally. My basic strategy if very TA in the beginning, expanding my hands mid way, and if I make it to the money play even looser aggressive. Good luck.

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same strategy as everybody else has said - double up, then fold anything non-premium. If it's a quick game, it's an easy win. If it goes a little slower, you'll need to make sure you finish with at least as many chips as the minimum required to actually cover your buy-in: by default, minimum payouts are only actually about 85% of the buy in - you'll then get paid additional money for the amount of chips you have in your stack.

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I forgot of this format, maybe I should check them again, I used to like it. Thanks for the general tips on how to play them.

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just wondering if people here still plays this sitngos and what is the general strategy you follow.

I've played the micro ones. I don't think this strategy or double up and then wait it works, if you want to be a solid winner, especially when you go after 3.5 ones.

You have to think that when you an all in favorite you are going to lose also and get bust. There is also the rake and most probably you will be breakeven and for sure a loser at 7$ ones and above.

I consider that you have to accumulate chips, bully the table around when you are chip leader.
At 1.5$ in the early all in you will be a favorite like 70 or 80%, people will call you for all the chips with weaker Aces, and so on. From 3.5 it won't be like this.

S

Skillstone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've recently picked it up after my spins started to go down the drain. I'm doing surprisingly well so far, so I guess it's too soft as I can see tons of mistakes ppl are doing.
Feels like a chill mode to me. Anyone can share best and worst experiences with it?

Sokolik

Sokolik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play these games sometimes. First of all, you need to double. Don't take risks with an average card.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played these a few times, and they are not as different from regular tournaments as DONs, because half the price pool is distributed based on chips. So the main difference is, there is no short handed play, and they last a shorter time. This mean less time to find edge, but the rake is also lower on pokerstars than for normal SnGs. I dont find the format tremendeously interesting, but maybe its good, if you hate short handed play?

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played it a little lately but my strategy was to play like any STT until I have a good stack then be very tigth to be able to be ITM

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Making a stack at an average level is quite difficult. You must carefully study the game of your opponents. It is appreciated that aggression must be shown and try to steal the cans before the showdown. You must be careful because you run the risk of staying away from games.The late stage of the tournament, it’s the bubble, is the period when only six players remain in the tournament. Moreover, each of the participants seeks not only to hold out in the tournament, but also to increase their stack. Shorties will try to survive, but if you find yourself in the role of short stacks, then remember that pushing to steal the bank here can be quite dangerous. Players with medium stacks will call bets to increase the stack.Therefore, late-stage all-in Fifty50 tournaments are recommended only with strong starters. Push with any two cards may not be justified. In general, it is quite difficult to significantly increase your stack at a late stage, and therefore try to put together a stack at the middle stage of the competition.
If you have a deep stack, you can steal the blinds from short stacks. Since their goal is to survive in the tournament, they will not confront you with weak cards)If in regular Donation, deep stacks equalize the shorts' push, then in Fifty50 players with a deep stack will pull until the end of the tournament. But remember that without equalizing the shorties' push, you allow them to steal the blinds and, therefore, increase your stack. This means that with high enough blinds, short stacks, they may soon get enough chips to counter you

4nocreativity

4nocreativity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play it when I'm looking for a quick game. And I normally play good hand and don't call all-ins pre flop