My favorite hand

B

badia232323

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I'm gonna talk about my favourite hand in poker 9-5. This hand have too much potential to catch something in the flop, so my strategy to play this hand is :
Always raise befor the flop : 1- if the flop comes between A and T it's verry good, for exemple 8-7-6 make a straight, or 4-5-8 make a small middle pair but I bet the flop because I already raise befor the flop and the probability that my opponent have an 8 is very small, if the flop comes 2-3-6 I bet because I have a straight draw... so all cards between A and T gives me a nice play, than I can make a continuation bet without carring to much. exept if doublet comes like 2-2-8, but even in this case I make a continuation bet because almost the only way to lose is if my opponent have an 8 or a big pair,
2- if the flop bring 2 pictures or more, in this case I chek raise traying to show that I have a big hand like a set or too big pairs.
as a conclusion it's always very important to know how to play a hands with potential, because this is the only way to be a good player. We can not all the time wait for AA ok KK or AK to play! Agressive play is very important to have a big wins either in cach game or in tournements.

Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Having favorite poker hands actually has many negatives. The fact that you are being forced to play cards just because they are your favorite makes no sense, as you can easily lose money by losing your hand. Having a favorite hand also obscures your judgment; As soon as you get your favorite poker hands, you want to play them; no matter what the condition on the table. This greatly damages your game and can make you lose a lot of money.

C

ChicoRSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know that it sounds weird, but I like to play with J7 suited.
Most of the other player don`t expect that.. and that hand helped me a lot already. My first straight flush! (on texas)

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like so many starting hands it's hard to pick just one but if you put a gun to my head I'm going to blurt out J 10 suited.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I really like to play JTs .... it is a hand that gives me many preflop options ... and depending on what position I am in ... I can take advantage of it ...!

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
K3 suited. Won my first cash hand with that.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QJs is my favorite...for some reason I always seem to flop reasonably well with it. Its fine to have a favorite hand but try not to get married to it...you will lose in the long run.

Even though I like QJs and many other suited broadway cards - theres no better feeling than looking down at 2 Aces in a raised pot :) I think this is truely every players favorite hand.

fickleberry

fickleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite hand is 10s-9s, since it beats 9-5 most of the time.

That is actually my favorite hand. So pretty.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite hand used to be AA but it's been getting beat a lot so I have changed it. Now my favorite hand is KQ suited, let's see how long I like these cards...lol.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favourite one is QQ for some reason. So hard to fold them every time I should!

laChokko

laChokko

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I in particular have no favorite poker hand. I think any hand is good if you can play it. that includes. your pocision, read the cards of your rivals, your stack, if you have aggressive or very passive players. the amount with which another player opens the game and if you are willing to defend your cards and also know how to retire on time. Any hand can become a strong hand if we can play them.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play suited connectors, because it’s easy to play with them, if you hit the board, you will score big, if you don’t it’s easy to throw them away

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
here are the starting hands, 95 is a very bad hand, you can call it being in the big blind
3e58a7baa05940be4b02fa9c86121f1d.png

aGreen

aGreen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite hand Q7, idk why, but realy work for me.

B

bitterkalt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like to play AKs , KQs QJs J10s

P

pokerballsaa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really have a fav starting hand but if I had to choose, I guess I would pick AA lol. But honestly, I feel that it is a bad idea and will not help improve your game.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to love JTs the most, but now it’s less likely my favorite these days. I’ve learned that it’s not as strong as I once thought. AA is a hand I love seeing show up, and despite the fact that it’s not invincible I seem to have decent luck with it.

I

Index12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:top: 9-5,,,, j-2 is good also,you can get a low pair or a high pair. ;)
Problem with hands like these is that there’s not many situations in which a low pair can win, I often have to fold if someone bets because they’re most likely ahead of me if they do that. It’s even worse in a multiway pot which has more chances of a higher pair getting hit.

danix

danix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My favorite hand is 89s. I love to play her and no matter what position I am. I usually get on well with her.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me there are no favorite hands in poker but if I have to choose a non-premium hand, it would be Q8 that brought me into a tournament, great satisfactions allowing me to accumulate a large stack of chips in one hand and then win the tournament, but they were circumstances at that time, usually I fold that hand only that every time I see it reminds me that thanks to a hand with Q8 I could win a tournament in which I considered eliminated

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
This way you can play any card aggressively and wait for a miracle of victory. What if you have a small bank?

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands