The fate of your stack?

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello ladies and gentlemen! I was wondering who does what happens when there is a need to leave the game in the freeroll. Do you just close the table and leave your stack to be torn apart? When I need to leave the game and my stack will not reach the prize zone, I start it to lose quickly, so that it will not just be lost without a game, but go to the playing player. What do you do?
Best regards, Sergei.

H

hanski4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usualy never have to leave but if i will start going all in with all playable hands to see what happens

N

neart13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's only happened to me once and essentially I just went all in my plan was that if I doubled I would then leave the game because my stack would be big enough to maybe coast to the money or bust super quickly and either one was fine because I had 5 minutes before I had to leave!

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just leave.

what does it matter if you stack dwindles down to 0 and you don't cash or if you start jamming all-in until you bust out. at least if you leave and get blinded off, you allow yourself a chance to potentially make the money if you make it that far.

if you're really short, like 5 bbs and there is no way in heck you're making the money if you blind off, sure jam it in. or just blind out, it doesn't matter. it's those crazy times when a player has something like 50+ bbs and they start jamming because they 'have to go'. there is such a strong chance they can fold into the money and get a little bit of value. but they don't and they jam until they bust out. it's silly.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This has never happened to me and hope it wont ever. If it does happen you should just sit out and then leave to do whatever it is you have to do. If your stack is large you might fold your way into the money anyway and if you dont then how can you be mad? You had to leave so its on you that you didnt cash. I dont see a reason to start going all in with hands just to hit something and either chip dump to someone else (the other players at the table will just love that) or go all in and suck out and ruin someone else's tourney because you had to leave. If you have to leave, just sit out and leave and dont affect the rest of the game.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never left one. If I were to, I would go all it every hand till I bust or build enough chips to hopefully cash.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Happens to me all the time - I will either sit out and give up or as mentioned try to make enough chips that I can sit out and either come back later if possible or maybe fold into the money.

I don't agree with people who say there is something wrong with going all-in until eliminated - if a bad hand beats a good one, then it is just not that person's day, but no one can 'ruin' someone else's tournament and this mentality makes no sense.

Good luck! :D

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I simply step away and let be what will be, I don't look back and never look at the results or hand history. Just part of online poker, similar to having your internet trash out when your at a Final Table.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have to leve, let it go...

If I have to leave, I give it away gradually, or throw it all in, if I have to leave asap. Giving it away, helps someone, its' the cool thing to do.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you don't have to play like a maniac when you need to leave the table immediately. If you close the table and leave your stack will slowly but surely go away only for playing players :) I can only be inactive because of network issues..

Now in 2020, there is a great opportunity to play any games through the pokerstars mobile client. this is very cool and you can play anywhere. On the beach, in the car, at training, in the pool, when you have lunch or dinner :)

In General, a strange question, if you need to really URGENTLY leave the table, you close the client and leave and you do not have time to play the style of maniac... Maybe it's not urgent? and you can suggest a game. I don't know...

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go all in with any2 and good luck!

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello ladies and gentlemen! I was wondering who does what happens when there is a need to leave the game in the freeroll. Do you just close the table and leave your stack to be torn apart? When I need to leave the game and my stack will not reach the prize zone, I start it to lose quickly, so that it will not just be lost without a game, but go to the playing player. What do you do?
Best regards, Sergei.

Good day!
Whenever possible, I always try to finish the tournament, even if it's a freeroll. If I can't play on my PC, I turn it on on my phone. If there is no way to play at all, then I just go sit-out. :)

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I need to leave the table permanently, I just put that I am absent and close the table.