Fack theoretical poker reg. Tournament shoving range

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've come to the realization that there is no one way to play poker specifically tournament poker & more precisely if you should shove with a given hand.
For e.g.. take AKs I just had it in a freerolls but limped got to see a turn on a qj board & folded there. Got me thinking this so a hand I should be shoving with less than 10 bb but I avoided that.
In general I'm saying there's no one way because there are literally hundreds of thousands of players & adapting is more crucial to your poker acumen than any postflop playing skill imo. [emoji847][emoji106]

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Plenty in mtt Poker is situational and not black and white. You can play a hand in many different ways to get desired outcome once you understand what and how you want to accomplish in a hand. Adapting to players plays a crucial part of what line you want to go with in a hand.

However when you are down to 15BB or less it becomes less grey and more straightforward there are more clear cut right or wrong decisions.

Here is a nice push chart credit goes to the owner of it.
It will give you a guide as to what hands you should be shoving with what blinds and from what position. You can still adjust it based on situation example if you are close to bubble or pay jump, your reads on players at the table and relative stack sizes.

Push fold 125 Antes 1280

I've come to the realization that there is no one way to play poker specifically tournament poker & more precisely if you should shove with a given hand.
For e.g.. take AKs I just had it in a freerolls but limped got to see a turn on a qj board & folded there. Got me thinking this so a hand I should be shoving with less than 10 bb but I avoided that.
In general I'm saying there's no one way because there are literally hundreds of thousands of players & adapting is more crucial to your poker acumen than any postflop playing skill imo. [emoji847][emoji106]

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The difficult thing about poker is, that bad decisions will sometimes lead to good results and vice versa. This was such a spot. You made a bad decision by not jamming AKs preflop for 10BB, and this time you got rewarded for your bad decision. But if you do it 100 times, you will not get rewarded.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The difficult thing about poker is, that bad decisions will sometimes lead to good results and vice versa. This was such a spot. You made a bad decision by not jamming AKs preflop for 10BB, and this time you got rewarded for your bad decision. But if you do it 100 times, you will not get rewarded.
Yes I agree man I need to play Poker like I'm running a simulation & that the immediate outcome won't matter in the long run. Thanks for elaborating!

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Plenty in mtt Poker is situational and not black and white. You can play a hand in many different ways to get desired outcome once you understand what and how you want to accomplish in a hand. Adapting to players plays a crucial part of what line you want to go with in a hand.

However when you are down to 15BB or less it becomes less grey and more straightforward there are more clear cut right or wrong decisions.

Here is a nice push chart credit goes to the owner of it.
It will give you a guide as to what hands you should be shoving with what blinds and from what position. You can still adjust it based on situation example if you are close to bubble or pay jump, your reads on players at the table and relative stack sizes.

View attachment 258846

Wow this is a great share Joeisi, I'm gonna spend the next 10-15 looking at each row.
I'm really grateful to you for sharing this chart! Thank you sir!
This is a huge leak of mine, I'm way too tight when I'm short, something which needs to stop ASAP! Poker really comes down to taking those small edges & not always dominating, something which has really taken a while to sink in!
I'll start implementing this all the way & I'll share if I start making significant improvements in my Short Stack Tournament play.
Cheers, Keep crushing!

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow this is a great share Joeisi, I'm gonna spend the next 10-15 looking at each row.
I'm really grateful to you for sharing this chart! Thank you sir!
This is a huge leak of mine, I'm way too tight when I'm short, something which needs to stop ASAP! Poker really comes down to taking those small edges & not always dominating, something which has really taken a while to sink in!
I'll start implementing this all the way & I'll share if I start making significant improvements in my Short Stack Tournament play.
Cheers, Keep crushing!
Also want to add that this is a bit tighter than Jennifears Shove chart maybe since antes are included. That being said though, I thought it would be looser because of that fact.