Endgame

G

Guernica1974

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my experience on the last 3-5 tables in a tournament is that people mainly either fold or go all- in - only if two players have more than 20-25 than big blind there will be a play without all-in. But will also often involve a player going all in.

my question is just prepare for other going all in and if i like to see the flop with my cards only call if players left to bid have 50% less than my stack? or some other good strategy?

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First, you should pay more attention to your position at the table. This is especially true of early positions, you will no longer be allowed to play limp with any speculative hands. You should now be ready to play against all-in.
Secondly, you can still play limp in late positions, or try to steal the blinds more actively. Review your strategy on the later streets - maybe it's time for three bets with the right hands?

G

Guernica1974

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stealing blinds

yeah i guess i should try stealing more blinds later on - but most often i end up blinds going all in.

depends on players offcourse but players sitting on blinds more inclined to call/ go all in if i am sitting on button and
1) i have bigger stac
2) same stack
3) smaller stack

a) if betting 2xtimed big blind
b) betting 3xtimes big blind
c)betting 5xtimes big blind
d) betting more than 7xtimes big blind

no right or wrong just your experience, thanks

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends what blind structure you are playing. In turbos the effective stacks tend to get very short in the later phases, but in regular speed MTTs this is not the case. So if you are not excited about this push-or-fold kind of poker, then stay away from turbos.

Typically with stacks less than 10 BB, the correct play is always to either fold or go all in before the flop. With 10-20 BB you can get away with mini-raising and having a part of your range, that fold to a shove and another part, that call.

I mostly play turbos in the form of freerolls, and its obvious, that a lot of players try to see flop with way to shallow stacks. They have maybe 7 blinds and still try to limp into the pot. This is a gift to better players like me, who can make a ton of profit from jamming into these limped pots with extra dead money in them. The limper then either fold or call it off with a hand, he should just have folded, when the action first got to him.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends what blind structure you are playing. In turbos the effective stacks tend to get very short in the later phases, but in regular speed MTTs this is not the case. So if you are not excited about this push-or-fold kind of poker, then stay away from turbos.

Typically with stacks less than 10 BB, the correct play is always to either fold or go all in before the flop. With 10-20 BB you can get away with mini-raising and having a part of your range, that fold to a shove and another part, that call.

I mostly play turbos in the form of freerolls, and its obvious, that a lot of players try to see flop with way to shallow stacks. They have maybe 7 blinds and still try to limp into the pot. This is a gift to better players like me, who can make a ton of profit from jamming into these limped pots with extra dead money in them. The limper then either fold or call it off with a hand, he should just have folded, when the action first got to him.

Another excellent post chalk-full of great advice from Fundiver! I totally agree [emoji4]

Top 10 Games