Early Stage Tourney/Noob(s)

J

joeyvegasboi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone,

I feel I am an ok Cash games player but am struggling with my tourney game as I am new to it. I play some low stakes online cash games which may be attributing to these situations but regardless I feel a great tourney player should know how to navigate.

My problem is I read you know about the correct ways to defend your blinds, when to open etc., the standard stuff... but in these tourneys the action goes limp limp limp limp limp sometimes and then I'm on the Cutoff with AJo and thinking what do I do?!?! I can't just wait for top 5% of hands...? Same thing goes for I'll be on the BB with a decently good hand and I read about defending so I'll raise it up and get re raised all in by someone who doesn't care about losing a couple bucks... any suggestions?

Thanks!

1AMBOWLINGNINJA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can take notes on people online. I would highly suggest taking notes on people with what they are doing in certain situations, what they have and how far in the tourney you are etc... It might take a while before you get the same players on your table that you have notes with, but taking notes can help give you an idea of what others have. If you find someone shoved preflop on the first hand and you can see they did it with a bad hand then take note.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I agree with 1 AMBOWLINGNINJA, the best you can do is to take note of the players, how they behave with certain plays, the range they play and everything that can help you in the game, It's a bit difficult for me to read the players, but with practice and experience I'm learning

A

APaxtyshkin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I played most 15-25% hands) it`s normal

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
try to read your opponents as best you can, take note of that, when you feel that you have made some mistake, ask people who have enough knowledge and keep in mind that you can not win all the moves and that you always you can find some player who plays in a crazy way