Early Stage Freeroll Practice

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you guys say that play chip games on pokerstars and the wsop App are a good approximation of how games play out early on in an online freeroll tournament? Looking for a place to get lots of practice for this kind of thing.

What about small stakes tournaments?

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
do you want to practice freeroll, or if wsop and freeroll look alike at early stages?

playmoney and freeroll is almost the same, small stakes change a little bit compares to freeroll

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you. Yes basically I was wondering if playchip games mimic early freeroll closely enough to be good practice

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Last time I played a play chip tournament is was a 90 man SNG on full tilt. After 1st hand over 70 players were out. Maybe things have changed and players are a little more reasonable but I would avoid them at all cost.

nikolaevich87

nikolaevich87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls and wcoop is a tough action, am I right? ilyaya freeroll tournaments, we train for wcoop !?)

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last time I played a play chip tournament is was a 90 man SNG on full tilt. After 1st hand over 70 players were out. Maybe things have changed and players are a little more reasonable but I would avoid them at all cost.
Nah, I have no interest in playchip tournaments per se. If anything they would teach bad habits. However I have the idea that they may be good practice for early freeroll stages (and only the early stages, obviously late stage is closer to proper strategy) where everyone plays loose and reckless. I've just never played a freeroll nor do I play for playchips so I'm just curious if they play similar.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, play chips is not close enough to a freeroll to be considered practice. There are plenty of freerolls available to play, why not at least give yourself a chance at getting paid to practice.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, play chips is not close enough to a freeroll to be considered practice. There are plenty of freerolls available to play, why not at least give yourself a chance at getting paid to practice.
Thanks. Will probably end up doing that. Was just wondering for times between freerolls :)

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would avoid them at all cost.
+1

If you want to Play some games for fun where you don't care, fine
But if you want to practice, don't do it in chip games or freerolls. There are too many People who don't give a shit and just do random stuff.
against those Maniacs your poker game will get worse and worse.

just deposit 100$ and Play some microstakes

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just be a freeroll pro like most people in here! Gg etc.

T

Tylor Mendez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight first 30 minutes and you will see a big increase in stack or you will get a double up eventually. There's almost always action in the early stages.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Experience is all your poker games. The smallest stage of a freeroll has the difference between a regular game and the start of a freeroll game, because people have a chance to get a reward.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are a great place to practice your poker for sure.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is quite possible at first to gain experience on freerolls. And then go to the tournaments.

G

gersom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All kind of learning is valid. You have to feel comfortable.