double or nothing SNG

A

AG04CAS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So im a regular at live micro cash after moving from online micros...i make more doing it this way.:D

Decided to deposit and have some fun at DN SNGs. Starting at 1.10 tables then moving up as i grow the roll.

Just wondering if any regulars have any tips as my game is seriously based around cash games?

Thank in advance

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Its been years since i played in them. You need to think of them more like a satellite game. Its not about growing your stack into the biggest one. Once you double up you are probably 80% chance to make the money, At that point you should not take any big risk.

An example, your on the bubble and you have 2100 in chips and have pocket queens and the guy in front of you shoves 1400 you may need to fold hands this strong. Always be aware of the short stacks and how much they have. If 2 have less than 600 you would want to fold here as you are guarantied the money most likely.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I play those but omaha h / l, I always try to play as calm as I can and trying to double my stack, although that does not guarantee to win money in it, sometimes there are players who resist so much and are so lucky that they end up turning the game in your favor just when the blinds are high, be patient and do not despair and follow your intuition

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play them on BOL and Bovada trying to work my way up to the $3 + games. Thing I would suggest is learn to exercise patience. I have screwed myself out of the money a number of times, because I forgot that 5th is as good as first in these games. GL!

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My best tip would be to study the ICM. Most players play these way too loose and take way too many risks. You dont need to win you need to have chips when there are 5 left.

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play tight end when you have some chips dont play if you can get in money :)