Do your HUD stats affect how you play?

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mainly play SNGs / MTTs and sometimes you have a run of good hands at the start of a tournament so your stats end up going sky high.

Do you ever feel that you should play differently in order to bring your stats into line?

D

da_goat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't change my play just for stats, unless I saw I was doing poorly.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if im losing and my stats are twisted,then yes, i try to pull myself together by maybe tightening up a bit.

Generally speaking though, if your winning and things are going your way, just do what you are doing and dont worry about stats.

In the long run they will converge to where they were going to be in the first place anyways.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think its important to think about what the villans think about you....so if you look at your stats and you have never 3b the villan...then maybe its time to do it, and then you probably want to do it with a non premium, because the first 3b tends to get the most respect

W

wowasenotrusov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if your game is profitable in the long run there is no reason that it cardinally change though minor changes are possible in the game.

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think using "stats" is what you should do. Your "stats" are yours and whatever your opponents think of your "stats" is up to them. They are a tool to help you improve your game, but not necessarily to make you into a "normal" player. You must play how you see fit and not change to improve your "stats". As long as you are profitable, play however you want. Gl.........:D:D:D

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think using "stats" is what you should do. Your "stats" are yours and whatever your opponents think of your "stats" is up to them. They are a tool to help you improve your game, but not necessarily to make you into a "normal" player. You must play how you see fit and not change to improve your "stats". As long as you are profitable, play however you want. Gl.........:D:D:D

Yes, I think that I agree with this, but I also agree with what TeUnit said.

I usually play very tight in 9 player SNGs until I am in the money, so people tend to fold whenever I raise. If I am lucky enough to have a few good hands right at the start people are far less likely to fold when I raise - but as I am only playing premium hands that is actually to my benefit! :)

D

Dagano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never used Hud or pokertracker..I though useful only cash players....

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's useful when you play more than one table because you can't concentrate so much.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All I know is HUD works wonders. I had someone at 0 PFR for like 50-60+ hands with a super tight VPP and they finally raise. I had KK... of course the tightest player at the table had the AA :(

C

carsguitars777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem with huds or any stats or reads is good players will purpisfully mix up there game, so i would defintly not let your own stats change your play if you think you are playing right. I will switch from super Lag to super Tag, in between or even go passive if I think someone has a read on me or I can set a trap for them later.

G

gipetto541

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hud

it depends on how many tables im playing

heroinsnattaren

heroinsnattaren

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like more to adjust my play based on the last few hands. If I have been bluffing much and see people start to catch on to my bluffs then I start playing more tight and vice versa. The stats are more long term. Of course if I assume many other players use HUDs (which I don't know how many actually do, but maybe 50%) they will think I play a certain way so I can adjust a little, but it's more about how they play than how I play...