Do you win a lot playing at several tables?

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are players who play on two or more tables. I can't play more than two tables. I can't concentrate.But in both cases I reached the final table.I wonder who has achieved good results playing at several tables.?

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I can play comfortably 2-4 tables at once. With only one I become easily bored and start doing other things beside. But for me it also depends on what kind of games I play. The easiest for me is to play SNGs with normal speed and then starting all tables nearly at the same time, so that the blinds can increase at similiar time.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've played 2 tables before and done pretty well. More than that, I don't know how people do it. Most of the time it is ok but if you are playing 2 hands at the same time and faced with difficult decisions, I'm not sure I'm making the best moves, because I'm just not as keyed in to the type of players at the table if I'm playing more than one. I know people get around this with huds which I've tried and probably should try again.

MetaDon7577

MetaDon7577

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing on many tables at once, you increase the class of the game. I think it's worth discovering more than 3-4 tables.

S

step055

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for me,I tried but I can play only two tables too))) So,I win from time to time but can’t say that the prize is big)))

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That strategy does not go with me, it has not worked for me to play several tables at once ...!

G

gencoal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I find myself in situations often where I am playing 4 or 5 tables but they usually whittle down to two pretty quick …. cant keep up properly with more then two

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I did pretty well playing 9-12 tables, when I was grinding pre-black Friday. I don't play that many these days. I usually stick to 2-4 now, which is more relaxing and enjoyable to me.

Duraphig

Duraphig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have found that 2 is the best for me at the moment. I tried playing 3 and 4 recently but I became overwhelmed, especially when I had a big decision at one of the tables. Maybe because I am a beginner and still learning. It takes me a bit to calculate odds and such still. Sometimes I wonder if I should only stick with 1 at a time, but I find that with 2 I concentrate a lot better than just 1. Sometimes I find myself losing concentration with just 1 if not much is going on where as two usually keeps me at full concentration.

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i simply suck at more then 4 tables ,i prefer 4 or less .. and even so i at the most only play 2 at a time and max ive played is 6 at a time but i would not recommend doing it if you have a small bankroll ,bigger bankroll and more experience then i say go for it dude

well_cap1302

well_cap1302

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing on many tables at once, you increase the class of the game. I think it's worth discovering more than 3-4 tables.
I agree, it greatly improves performance.

IN8FI8NI8TY

IN8FI8NI8TY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I know someone is playing at more then 4 tables, it is a tell. That player is likely to play tight, premium hands, and cannot be following the other players' betting styles.
Besides it doesn't prepare you for live action.

slurredreaction

slurredreaction

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think multi-tabling helps with patience on waiting for good cards. You dont get bored waiting for just one and you see many more hands.

B

Belus 08

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experience, when I play 4-6 tables at a time, I do very well. It helps me concentrate and I find it useful when I have to decide on which hand to call or fold. when I play several tables at the same time I only choose premium hands. However, it happens that you need to be really focused to do that, so when I'm a bit tired or I do not feel like playing that much, I only go for 1-2 tables.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
About decade ago I used to 12 table very successfully on pokerstars. After black Friday, I didn't play for 6 years. When I started playing again, I could 6 table at the most and was more comfortable playing four. Last several months I have been playing just for fun, so 1 or 2 at a time is more relaxing.

MolonAA

MolonAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in the tutorials of the esp saw a Korean who played incredible 24 tables !!! he became known as one of the biggest online winners with more than 2 million and 500 thousand bonus. I was impressed. RANDY "NANONOKO" LEW his name.

in the tutorials of the esp saw a Korean who played incredible 24 tables !!! he became known as one of the biggest online winners with more than 2 million and 500 thousand bonus. I was impressed. RANDY "NANONOKO" LEW his name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing more poker tables can help you win more but only if you can continue to play well and table select also. There is a tipping point for most people whether that is 1 table or 30 tables. You should find out where your tipping point is and not exceed that.

However, with that said, and as a former 20+ tabler myself, you can definitely increase the # of tables that you can competently play on through experience. When you play millions and millions of hands like I have then 99% of your decisions become automatic and you don't really have to "think" as much anymore. There are also some software aids to reduce useless clicks that can help.

Last edited:
Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Randy is American :)

D

DjDen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also do not get to play a lot of tables at the same time ... I may not have enough experience, if I play on several tables, then in the end I fly out and leave one table with the final, or I fly out at all the tables, thank you)

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at first I was afraid of several tables.
but then when I began to get experience I switched to 2 and 3 tables. but different rooms on the same screen.
I like it.
in this there are some good moments of the game.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is impossible to win several tables at the same time.it is necessary to have a quick mind, a tendency to a quick analue..Making a mistake can lose the stack.There is a proverb - for the two hares chase no catch.

MetaDon7577

MetaDon7577

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is impossible to win several tables at the same time.it is necessary to have a quick mind, a tendency to a quick analue..Making a mistake can lose the stack.There is a proverb - for the two hares chase no catch.
Of course, you will not always win, but there will be more chances!

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Not always, i feel confortable playing 4 tables at the time, no more.

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are players who play on two or more tables. I can't play more than two tables. I can't concentrate.But in both cases I reached the final table.I wonder who has achieved good results playing at several tables.?
It's pretty hard to concentrate at two tables so to play at several tables isn't a good idea in my opinion.

A

ankitgupta45

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experince, Multitabling i.e more than 4 tables works best when u have mugged up ur entire strategy like ur opening range, calling range , limpng range , 3betting range all based on ur position at the table. This is like bot playing the game. However, this works well for those player who have solid game throughout and are looking to make profit in long run and consistent basis. MTT players focused on quantity over quality.