Do you think I did the right thing?

M

Meeshu71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys I feel I made a big mistake!!

I was given 3 ($10 satellite tickets) from GG poker.

I played one yesterday and won a $100 satellite for Poker Players Championship.

I played the $100 today and the final prize was this 1st-3rd($1000 ticket) ,4rth $500,5th $362.

With 4 players left i was sitting in 2nd i went all in deliberately with 75o.

I got called and went out in 4th with $500.

I made the $500 from free playing really good poker but feeling a bit angry with myself that I didn't take advantage of getting that $1k ticket.

I'm happy with the cash but did I blow it ?

1k buy in would be my biggest ever buy in,(And it would all come from a freeroll)

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would of been nice to play a 1k and have a shot but you could of played this and not cashed. $500 still very nice what made you make the decision to do that ?

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Actually with a $1K satty ticket you have one shot, no matter how good you are one shot is not very good. If I understand you correctly by busting in 4th you have $500 to manage however you want and play many more satellites or mtt's at your discretion at lower buy-ins. so don't beat yourself up, you may have actually helped yourself out in the long run by busting in fourth.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not yet known how you can convert this 1K ticket into a win. You may not even be able to get into the prizes of the next tournament. You have to take advantage of the moment of luck, so you are right in the present tense. I would do the same.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I would do that. Just like you did, I wouldn't know what to do in a 1000 tournament.

M

Meeshu71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would of been nice to play a 1k and have a shot but you could of played this and not cashed. $500 still very nice what made you make the decision to do that ?

That cash of $500 pays for my new flooring to be fitted but a ticket wouldn't so I am now thinking I did the right thing.
Cheers bud

S

sn0112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I played the $100 today and the final prize was this 1st-3rd($1000 ticket) ,4rth $500,5th $362.

I made the $500 from free playing really good poker but feeling a bit angry with myself that I didn't take advantage of getting that $1k ticket.

1k buy in would be my biggest ever buy in,(And it would all come from a freeroll)

Yes, I think you made the right decision. You can read Dara O'Kearney's thread on here, but to paraphrase it's not always a good idea to satellite into a tournament well above your usual bankroll.

Besides, you now know that you are capable of spinning a $10 ticket into a $100 ticket then again into a $1000 ticket.

Therefore, you now have 50 shots at it with the $500 bankroll :D Or you can start at $1 satellites and have 500 shots!

Good luck

E

enzomyn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It happens. My recommendation is that the next time you have to be more cautious when entering hands like the 75th, however, you have 500 dollars ready to be valued. Good games!

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't look like a bad deal to me. $500 out of nothing, just freerolls is not bad.

T

Tomiveres

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on what is your goal . With the 500$ you have a nice bankroll to play with , if you were going to play the 1k event was an option to sell some action for the tournament , but in my opinion you did the right thing maybe you are not prepare to play a 1000$ tournament , you have no experience and with this 500$ you can play small tournaments and get experience and learn more .
I'm sure you will get another opportunity to play big tournaments so Great Job .

M

Meeshu71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you believe guys I did it again lol.

I had no free tickets left so I decided to play the $10 satellite for a $100 ticket.

I qualified actually fairly easy so in my next game I'm going for the $1000 ticket.

I've never bought in to a tournie higher than £300 so its a chance now to play a high buy in knowing I made $500 already from nothing.

Wish me luck 😆

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You definitely did the correct thing. Good luck with the upcoming tourney.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you believe guys I did it again lol.

I had no free tickets left so I decided to play the $10 satellite for a $100 ticket.

I qualified actually fairly easy so in my next game I'm going for the $1000 ticket.

I've never bought in to a tournie higher than £300 so its a chance now to play a high buy in knowing I made $500 already from nothing.

Wish me luck 😆

Well done good luck going for the 1k ticket

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would be happy, I understand your point and so that you do not feel angry, think how many more possibilities you have to play those satellites with the money you won, and that you achieved with effort so excellent work and continue focused and winning:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

DMAlv7

DMAlv7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its always feels bad going out, even 2nd but profit is the key word. In my opinion you did not 'blow' anything but succeeded in coming 4th. I think it is extremely healthy to kick yourself when you don't win, especially when so close, but get over it, you are in decent profit :top:

Also, you may have got the ticket and crashed out first then you would've wished you came fourth and got $500 cash...

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would play for a ticket, but I think that taking money is not a mistake either !!!

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From a financial point of view, this is a good decision, but from a competitive point of view, it is a mistake, because you did not fight for the victory. It all depends on what goals you set for yourself.:)

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no right or wrong it's personal choice and depends on your goals. You made a choice based on what you prefered to do at the time. You turned a $10 ticket into $500. Now you can play 50 $10 tourneys. Don't feel bad about that you played good poker! But if you want to do it differently next time do it differently.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
There is a say "Better a fish in hand than 1,000 calamari flying" so, You did Ok,
I will have risk for the ticket, since is hard to buy a 1,000 Tournament ticket.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If there is a next time, think about selling the ticket. You might find somebody here at Cards Chat that will pay $500 for it, and give you a 33% stake in their game. That way you get the cash, and still have a chance of a big win. The buyer gets a 1/2 price ticket and 2/3 their prizes. Win/win. (Check the rules before you take my advice.)