Do you study?

Hoodedsun

Hoodedsun

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all.

Just wondering if any of you guys go over strategies for MTT's?

If so where would you recommend reading up on strategies?

Jimmy:D

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey. Welcome to the forum. Good luck at the tables.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Almost anywhere you do your research on strategies is going to be good. But still, the best thing you can do is buy a Bencb course

PrOKatana

PrOKatana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally allocate at least 2 hours a day to study and analyze my game, playing a rather difficult game (omaha Hi / lo) it is inevitable that mistakes will occur, I have a group on skype to analyze the hands between us, because materials are very few for this game

Hoodedsun

Hoodedsun

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally allocate at least 2 hours a day to study and analyze my game, playing a rather difficult game (omaha Hi / lo) it is inevitable that mistakes will occur, I have a group on skype to analyze the hands between us, because materials are very few for this game

I've always struggled with Omaha only because it differs in someways to holdem greatly. I get the basics but i feel id lose myself in the inner workings haha.

Good on you though :icon_thum

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi!
Welcome to the forum.

It is always worth starting to read the strategy at the weak points. What a person makes a lot of mistakes.

Good luck. :)

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey all.

The strategy for playing MTT tournaments is very different from the usual cash game. For consistent victories in tournaments, you need to learn a lot and analyze your game. Constantly adjusting to the situation gives success. There is no such thing in a cash game. But how sweet is the taste of victory.

Here are a couple of examples. You have a weak ace. In a cash game, this is a fairly playable hand, but not a fact in a tournament. What is the current size of the blinds? What stage of the game? There are many factors to consider. Or, say, from an early position you have QJo. Let's say in a full-table cash game it's a fold. Your hand will be battered often. And at the final table of a major tournament, no self-respecting player will fold that hand. He understands that even if the opponent is higher and you both catch a pair, most likely the winner will be the one who shows more aggression in position, because there is already a lot of money at stake and no one wants to lose on a pair.

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all.

Good afternoon!
Unfortunately, due to the limited time (main job), my MTT training consists in watching training streams of professional players :D:D:D
I advise you too!

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish I had more time to study poker. Currently, I have a full-time job and it's really hard to find extra time to spend studying :(

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I study.

I study when I'm not playing. I like looking at live broadcast of tournaments I think you get more educated live broadcast with the 30-minute delay or 15-minute delay or whatever they have I think it's a great way to study how tournaments are won and more importantly how they are lost. Which is very key to becoming a successful poker player but also a key and I think it's just as important more is what is your mental state like in playing tournaments that might be even more important than natural structure of learning multi-table tournaments itself.

MikeDTT

MikeDTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned nothing from school, i been 26 years old to get informetions a bit of everything all alone myself from youtube , internet , books and oldest people

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think self control is imprortant in evething that has a gambling part, and my main strategy is do not gambling at the table with bad hand :D